Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Bring back some Anna widgets to Belle... please?

Advisor
dragonfli

Bring back some Anna widgets to Belle... please?

Just curious as to know the complexity of adding and allow settings for widgets to be multiple sizes... like a minimized Music player widget AND Mail widget - I got 4 e-mails to keep track of and I'l love to have them all on one Belle home screen like I could with Anna, not swipe between two and already have two screens taken up just for mail. I dislike having more than 3 screens as it is, but it was nice to have the multifunctional clock/profile/date widget from the Pre-Belle era.

Anyone else feel the same way? I'm not going to really bicker or complain as much as I just want a developer to add different sized widgets to choose from... I don't really care to dynamically go through portions of my e-mail from the homescreen, It's reasier for me and others just to see who e-mailed last and be able to open up the mailbox in it's entirety... 

I've grown to dislike the dynamic element because it's more processor intensive and more animations and more space taken up to make the battery die just that much faster. 

Are there also themes that change the mail widget color? it's blindingly white and was wondering if there was a theme to change the attributes of those widgets?

thanks to all reading and reacting

Please use plain text.
Professor
vvaino

Re: Bring back some Anna widgets to Belle... please?

Hello @dragonfli,

Have you seen this article from "Conversations by Nokia", written 

by Ian Delaney?

http://conversations.nokia.com/2012/03/01/all-about-nokia-belle-feature-pack-1/

-vvaino

#SwitchToLumia
Please use plain text.
Advisor
dragonfli

great link, I'm not sure it'll work for me... Will attempt to locate an update in my area, but why not release it in the OVI store? it would simpler to choose the clutter you want... just saying

and will that feature pack address my issue?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
phonehacker

[ Edited ]

If you have an older Symbian^3 device (such as N8, C7 etc), you may not find any update as mentioned on that article... This feature pack is available for newer Symbian phones, such as 700, 701 etc

If you want to thank someone, just click on the blue star at the bottom of their post

Please use plain text.