Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

C3-00 and Apps

Counsellor
arturox

C3-00 and Apps

I'm in the process of moving from my present phone, and am looking at a couple of Nokia Smartphones to replace it, unfortunately a couple things I need to know don't seem to be written up anywhere.

I'm hoping some of the Nokia knowledgeable here might have the answers.

1) Can the C3-00 Smartphone run apps?

2) Are there any Database apps for Nokia Smartphones?  And by Database,I don't mean a DB full of things somebody else might want or have created.

I'm after an app that will allow me to create or import  my own DB.

Thanks

Arturox

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

Re: C3-00 and Apps

c3-00? You mean the one that has a qwerty? It can run Java apps.

The c3 is very limited in terms of apps since its only an s40 phone, and not a smartphone.
If you find my post helpful please click the green star on the left under the avatar. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
arturox

Thanks for that bit 'o info, most useful.

Interestingly it's advertised as a Smartphone, but then again I have no idea what an 's40' phone means, or what sort of definition I need for my requirements.

I need a phone that'll also keep and run the databases of things of interest to me I presently have on my ailing PDA.

Everything else on the PDA could be scrapped, but the DBs are of top importance.

Any suggestions as to which phone(s) might be suitable for this purpose?

Thanks

Arturox

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

An s40 phone is basically a featurephone. I've never seen it advertised as a smartphone, must be in your country only.

If you are looking to replace a PDA device, your best bet would be an E-series device.Its got an Symbian s60 OS (smartphone). Other options are N-series phones, and some other Xseries or Cseries like C6 or X6.

However Eseries has an advantage in terms of Office files and a few other "business" quirks.
If you find my post helpful please click the green star on the left under the avatar. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Professor
romperompe

You should go for e5,e72 or if you are looking for a budget smartphone,go for e63.
IF YOU FIND POSTS HELPFUL HIT THE BIG GREEN BOX TO THE LEFT WITH THE WHITE STAR IN IT THANKS
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

http://store.ovi.com/#/applications/?fragment=1&page=1

Browse and you will see what applications are compatible with Nokia C3-00...

You may Google for it for more applications...

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​--If you find this helpful, pl. hit the White Star in Green Box...

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
arturox

While the subject was C3, the advice give here, most informative I  must add, has prompted me to look at other models as the there's no way the C3 would fit my basic requirements.

I've had a look at some of the other suggested model series ,which I like, and then the apps, unfortunately I need to ask for some suggestions in that department, as 90 percent of what I looked at, from my perspective is total Toilet content . (I'm jesting with you as I have no interest or use for the vast majority of the stuff in apps)

I am specifically looking for a Database app in which I can insert my existing DBs and to be honest I just can't see one... Maybe I'm blinded by all the toilet material.  :-)

Some useful suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Arturox

Please use plain text.