Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: CWRTWidget - what is this?

Counsellor

CWRTWidget - what is this?

I have installed Battery Monitor 2.0.

In the statistics tab, on the top there is "CWRTWidget".

What is this?

Can I remove? It looks like the top battery consumer.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

hakapes wrote:

I have installed Battery Monitor 2.0.

In the statistics tab, on the top there is "CWRTWidget".

What is this?

CW Television Network RunTime Widget

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Sage
nokton12

Betreff: CWRTWidget - what is this?

and whats that exactly?
Nokia N9 Black
Please use plain text.
Sage
nokton12

Betreff: CWRTWidget - what is this?

I think its the ovistore
Nokia N9 Black
Please use plain text.
Advisor
conductor

Somebody from Nokia could answer quickly and seriously about this. I did not install anything new and this widget consumes in new Anna 20% of energy! What's for and what is it? How can I uninstall?
Please use plain text.
Sage
nokton12

Hi this is a user to user forum, to get an answer from nokia go to contact us.....     a little explantation of cwrt widgets here...                                                                                                                                                                                                             ****The Web Runtime engine allows Web Apps to run outside of the browser. A Web App is a small application built using web technologies such as Javascript, HTML, and CSS. These are often run inside a browser as add-ons.  these Web Apps can also be installed and behave as stand-alone applications ( like ovistore etc.)****     

I don't know wich new web apps are in anna that maybe run after update ( maybe in background), you have to check this out

Nokia N9 Black
Please use plain text.
Advisor
conductor

Thanks! that will be difficult - I can not imagine what is the use of several applications. I can try uninstall one by one....
Please use plain text.
Advisor
conductor

Also other widgets run in background, eg. UI or SSOU...also consuming energy. I do not like much to be identified all the time....and to see my battery loosing power! Are they necessary?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
no1_slumko

[ Edited ]

Read what nokton12 said carefully.

Most, if not all, of your widgets fall under that category. notice that the amount it uses will decrease if you set your widgets to offline mode or use them less.

Count the number of widgets on your homescreens and think about how often they are in use. Don't think that 20% battery usage actually makes sense?

Show your appreciation. Hit that kudos button real hard
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ElectronKiller

Use other then builten browser to stop CWRTWidget.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
anilkoc

my cwrt widget stopped working and now i cant use ergo's memory info, social and im chat programs. How can i fix this problem?
Please use plain text.
Advisor
conductor

Try to reinstall the Symbian Anna, all should be there. After all the widget deams useful, not consuming too much energy.
Please use plain text.