Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Cannot sign into to Windows Live Messenger

Sage
ken80ny

Cannot sign into to Windows Live Messenger

I have been using the WLM app on both my N82 & N80. However, recent attempts to sign into the the messenger fail all the time with the error message:"Messenger is not available right now. Please try again later".

I do not have problem synchronizing email, contacts, post photos to other Windows Live related services via wifi connection.

The WLM 2009 desktop version is working fine, which indicates that the WLM service is available. I have also tried connecting at work, at home and in public area and all attempts failed.

As Nokia website is providing limited support on troubleshooting, I have been directed to contact Microsoft on this issue as mentioned on Nokia's support page. Microsoft response was to contact Nokia instead for the above-mentioned problem. I felt that both parties (Nokia and Microsoft) seems to deny their support on this issue and hope if anyone here experiencing the same problem as described above could provide some solution. I am not sure if this problem happens after the upgrade to WLM 2009 desktop version or not.
was: 3310--> N80 v5.0719.0.2--> N82 v31.0.016; now: 5800xm v40
KeN82Ny
Please use plain text.
Sage
ken80ny

Re: Cannot sign into to Windows Live Messenger

No replies? Guess i am the lonely sufferer??

Contacted Nokia Care for the issue and they have recommended to try when wifi signal is strong on N82 and use GPRS connection on N80 (not sure why specifically require N80 to use GPRS though). Both suggestions is not helpful and is still suffering from the same unable to sign in ptoblem as described above.

Am still awaiting feedback from Nokia Care.... is anyone here getting the same problem? If not, please advise if the service is active? Just want to find out if it is due to the service (WLM 2009 edition for PC + WLM S60 app for mobile combination problem) or it is my mobile phone which is causing the issue. 

Thanks! 

KeN82Ny
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Hi Guys.

I have the same problem with my N95,  the msn messenger send an error: "Messenger is not available rigth now. Please try again later". When is later? I've had this proble since one week ago. Something rare is  I can log in with another account. Only one does't work on the smarphone, the other works ok. I work with Fring on the n95 works ok with all accounts. I think is Microsoft problem. When I'm logged in the PC messenger an try to log in on the messenger mobile (msn) pc messenger shows a message it´s says  "you is loggin in another place"

If you have an answer for this problem, please sendme the response.

Please use plain text.
Sage
ken80ny

[ Edited ]

I have received reply from Nokia regarding this issue. Referring to my previous post, I was advised to try the signing into Windows Live Messenger (WLM) through different connections, but not successful. I have already informed them the outcome. The second correspondence informs me that if I subscribe the WLM service for 30 days, then I need to pay a subscription fee to continue using. (The probability of the collection of subscription fee is made known to me during the installation of WLM on my mobile, however, there is no words of how much, how is the collectiong method is going to be from Microsoft) 

Further research through Nokia website (http://europe.nokia.com/get-support-and-software/download-software/windows-live/faq) and links to Windows Live Mobile website (http://windowsliveformobile.com/en-us/popup4.html) shows that the subscription fee is no longer required, even if required, there will be an SMS to inform the user for continue use of WLM service. However, that is not the case for me. I have replied to Nokia Care informing them of the misleading and contradicting information they provided and got my third reply. It reiterates that there will be no subscription fees and if there will be any, there will be SMS notice. Nokia Care also asks me to seek clarification of this matter to Microsoft instead! 

I was referred by Microsoft to seek clarification with Nokia after contacting them initially and now Nokia did the same. I seems to be sandwiched without any solution to my problem. Does anyone experience the same? What could be the problem? Any solutions? Please help, thanks! 

Message Edited by ken80ny on 11-Feb-2009 02:29 AM
KeN82Ny
Please use plain text.