Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Cheap international calls app foocall

rosieday

Cheap international calls app foocall

I just wanted to share a tip with with everyone about a new international calling app for Nokia. I've downloaded it this week and I have to say was impressed with the cost of the calls. Its called foocall - nice play on words for anyone in the north of the uk :smileysurprised: 

I'm new to all this, so was amazed at how it managed to connect my international call to a local number, i didnt know such a thing was possible, just shows how untech-minded I am! Anyway, I called my aunt in Australia for over 2 hours for 1.5p per minute which is so much cheaper to what it used to cost me with bt. This was all i paid as the local call came out of the free minutes i get with vodafone. Anyway here's the app for anyone interested that makes international calls, its well worth giving it a go as you get 50p credit free to try it out first. http://store.ovi.com/content/246822

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

@rosieday

Thanks for bringing this application to our attention. Unfortunately it is not available for Symbian S^3 or Symbian Anna devices although S60 3rd & 5th Ed. devices seem compatible.

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
rosieday

thanks aspergerguy, i guess i'm one of the lucky ones that can use it :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Not available in all regions.. so though owning an S60 v5 not so lucky as you...

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Always loved the name of the app, funny when you imagine someone with a geordie accent saying it.
Please use plain text.