Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Does Nokia 2700 classic support rtsp?

Contributor
labview1958

Does Nokia 2700 classic support rtsp?

[ Edited ]

Does Nokia 2700 classic support rtsp?  Is that a common problem?

Is there a solution?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei

Re: Does Nokia 2700 classic support rtsp?

I don't know. The 2700c device specifications only mention "Video Streaming" and "Audio Streaming" without listing specific protocols:

https://www.forum.nokia.com/Devices/Device_specifications/2700_classic/

For S60/Symbian based models from 2009 (like the Nokia 2007c) Real Audio/Video support is mentioned, and RTSP is originally by Real. As Real is not mentioned for the 2007c, I suspect it might not have a Real Player built-in, and thus it might not support RTSP.

Easy enough to try, if you elect to use your network operator's (carrier's) Internet access point, and then try to view or listen to an RTSP stream (where the audio/video encoding has been made so that also those are supported by the 2700c). If it works, then you know.

I don't know if it is a common problem, or if it can be classified as a problem at all (just a feature that's either there or isn't there).

If it isn't there, there may be available a user-installable audio/video player that supports RTSP, but as the 2700c is based on Nokia's Series 40 platform, it'd have to be written in Java, and implementing a streming protocol handler, as well as audio/video decoders in Java will probably perform unacceptably badly, that isn't likely to exist.

The other solution, if you really need RTSP support, and the 2700c doesn't have it, is to switch to some other phone model.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
labview1958

[ Edited ]

"Easy enough to try, if you elect to use your network operator's (carrier's) Internet access point, and then try to view or listen to an RTSP stream (where the audio/video encoding has been made so that also those are supported by the 2700c). If it works, then you know."

Can you give the site where I can test rtsp, if my phone has one?

Please use plain text.
Sage
thusithkb

Don't worry. Your phone supports rtsp. To check it goto
akeelwap.net/streaming/
or
fun2wap.com/tv/
Please use plain text.
Contributor
labview1958

I can go to the website but do not get streaming video but the following statements.

service not available

WAP connection ended.

Please use plain text.
Sage
thusithkb

Check whether you have selected the correct access point .
Please use plain text.
Sage
thusithkb

Simply you can goto www.m.youtube.com and watch videos.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
labview1958

I am trying to watch my home CCTV. My home cctv is VIVOTEK IP7134. I am unable to use my Nokia 2700 to acess it. Can someone help?

Please use plain text.
Sage
thusithkb

Please use plain text.
Contributor
labview1958

I have the VIVOTEK technician set up everything according to the specification. I can access from my remote PC through the web. However I cannot access it through my Nokia 2700.  I cannot access YouTube from my Nokia 2700. However I can access the net through Google on my Nokia 2700 but no live video. Can someone help?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
labview1958

Vivotek  site was not helpful. Can anyone help?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
fahidfah

[ Edited ]

hi friend you have open the 2700c setting and open then phone setting and open to phone updates and download the new version of nokia 2700c software and install this and you problem have been  solve now.......................................:smileyhappy:

ok your problem not solve me to contact me

MODERATOR'S NOTE: E-mail address was removed. It is unwise to publish personal contact information on a public forum.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Ahmadjaved

>fahadfah
here is not any update available in my 2700c . . .
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Ahmadjaved

I have used nokia 2690 wich can stream on any site but 2700 does not support the protocol and here is no update available for phone software. . .
Please use plain text.