Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Re: Download and Install from Ovi in N9

Counsellor
dshiwakoti

Download and Install from Ovi in N9

Hi I am having some problem while downloading and installing some programs from Ovi Store. The Message " Couldn't Start Operation" " Refreshing Cache-Please Wait" Message appears in the Screen and download and installing can not be done. Please suggest the way to resulve this issue in my Mobile...

Counsellor
dshiwakoti

Can anybody chek into this. Also if I go for Check Update in Setting / Manage Application then it is taking long time but no results. Before either it would have update available or it would say your phone is upto date.
sanmob

I confirm, exactly these two problems occurred on my N9 just few days ago and still persist... I don't know how to solve it, I am not able to install any app from ovi anymore :-( Does anybody know, how to fix it? I have last firmware version installed (PR1.2), upgraded via OTA method...everything was ok after the update, also installation of applications from Ovi was possible....but now this problem...I do not understand...

Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

@sanmob

Try this:-

Go to Settings > Security > Developer mode > move white dot to right and accept prompt

Launch Terminal as new icon ( ~ $) will now have appeared and type the following on each line followed by tapping enter:-

devel-su
rootme    (password unless altered by user)
rm /etc/apt/sources.list.d/filemanager.list     (to delete the problematic repository - note space after rm )
- Reboot the device
- Open X-Terminal
devel-su

rootme
apt-get update     

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

sanmob

[ Edited ]

@aspergerguy

Thank you, I have already "googled" this solution somewhere else... I have done these steps except that I did not remove filemanager.list file, instead I have renamed it... for others, it is done with following command:
mv /etc/apt/sources.list.d/filemanager.list /etc/apt/sources.list.d/filemanager.list.bak
This way I can return file back in the future....

This solution is functional and solves both problems