Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Download! fails to refresh "some catalogs fail...

Advisor

Download! fails to refresh "some catalogs failed to load. Try again later" error

Hi,

brand new e71, did a soft reset as I opened it to start from scratch and I have no items in Download!. Trying to refresh the catalog produces the following error: "Some catalogs failed to load. Try again later". This happens using my home wifi and web browsing works just fine so connection isn't the issue. I've only managed to find one post in the forum suggesting to quickly repeat the refresh and it'd work at the second attempt, but it produces no results for me, and I've tried several attempts through the day.

any suggestion much appreciated.

thanks
Please use plain text.
Sage
jonas_smith_uk

Re: Download! fails to refresh "some catalogs failed to load. Try again later" error

Hi have you tried using your mobile internet access point as apposed to your WIFI access point?
Current Device; Nokia E71-1 F/W v200.21.118
Past Devices; Nokia 6220 Classic.. Nokia 6500 Slide.. Nokia 5310 Xpress Music.. Nokia E65.. Nokia 6230i & Many Many More!
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Re: Download! fails to refresh "some catalogs failed to load. Try again later" error

Now I have yes and no joy, which makes sense to me since this is not a carrier's service but just a data connection. Given that this was after a soft reset it's unlikely that something is conflicting with it either, so I'm really out of ideas. I found a link to the install zip file for Download! but surprise surprise it's not really made easy for phone installation and would require me to go through a pc. Hopefully someone will have a better idea.

thanks
Please use plain text.
Contributor

>>..this is not a carrier's service but just a data connection.

Maybe so, but the catalog list is still related to the services offered by the SIM carrier. I suggest you borrow a SIM from a friend (using a different carrier) and try again. With the SIM inserted you can use the phone's WLAN (also in offline mode) to refresh Download!
Please use plain text.