Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

E71 automatically installs unknown application who...

Contributor
vivekd

E71 automatically installs unknown application whon turned ON

When E71 is switched on it automatically starts installing a unknown application but fails an error message appears on the screen saying "Untrusted software found on memory card to install go to application manager". This problem occoured after installing new OVI store(downloads). This delays my phones switch on time. I'm sure it's not a virus.Help?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Fender77

Re: E71 automatically installs unknown application whon turned ON

I rememeber I had a problem like this with my n95 8gb. It was some buggy theme I had installed, even though I had set it to install any untrusted app. Removed the theme, and everything was fine. But this could of cours be something else, I just recall it happend to me due to a theme.

Unlimited Free Image and File Hosting at MediaFire
Please use plain text.
Sage
xbin

As Fender says it might be a theme or anything you have installed (if indeed you have installed anything?). Have you tried uninstalling anything yet?

E71-1(241.04) RM-346 300.21.012
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Fender77

the reset should be something you do if it ain't a theme or a bad app you have installed lately. If you cannot rememeber and cannot find anything that could cause this to happend, I would go for a soft reset.

Do not backup your settings, as this might will take the problem with you - and you will get the problem back after installing your bcup.

Please use plain text.
Sage
xbin

[ Edited ]

Fender77 wrote:

the reset should be something you do if it ain't a theme or a bad app you have installed lately. If you cannot rememeber and cannot find anything that could cause this to happend, I would go for a soft reset.

Do not backup your settings, as this might will take the problem with you - and you will get the problem back after installing your bcup.

Could try backing up with the settings and without (to two different backups) and restore the one with settings first :smileysurprised:

E71-1(241.04) RM-346 300.21.012
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
hadimassa

vivekd wrote:

When E71 is switched on it automatically starts installing a unknown application but fails an error message appears on the screen saying "Untrusted software found on memory card to install go to application manager". This problem occoured after installing new OVI store(downloads). This delays my phones switch on time. I'm sure it's not a virus.Help?

I suggest you reformat the memory card.

‡Thank you for hitting the Blue/Green Star button‡

N8-00 RM 596 V:111.030.0609; E71-1(05) RM 346 V: 500.21.009
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Fender77

Hadimassas suggestion would probably be the solution to this...
Please use plain text.