Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

E72 support language in UAE

dkysum

E72 support language in UAE

Hi just bought a new E72 in Dubai.

Can I know whether it can support to read both traditional chinese and simplified chinese?

I need to read that very often,

thanks

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
grschinon

Re: E72 support language in UAE

A Nokia phone bought in an Arabic-speaking region will not support Chinese.

You can have a Nokia Care Point install a Chinese language pack, but then the phone will no longer support Arabic.

A Nokia phone cannot support both Arabic and Chinese at the same time.

Was this post helpful? If so, please click on the white "Kudos!" star below. Thank you!

Please use plain text.
dkysum

I don't mind that it doesn't support arabic.

but i did make a call to nokia care centre , one of them saying that i can change it to support chinese but one of them saying that they don't have the language support for Arabic.

Can I confirm whether I really can do the convertion to support Chinese, even it didn't support Arabic.

And where can I do the changes?

Thanks a lot

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
grschinon

You can't make the change yourself. Installing a language pack requires software to which only Nokia Care Points officially have access.

Technically speaking, a Care Point can install any language pack on your phone. Whether or not they're aware of this is another matter. However, the fact remains that there is no language pack that supports both Chinese and Arabic, so I can confirm that you will lose Arabic support if you have the Chinese language pack installed.

Was this post helpful? If so, please click on the white "Kudos!" star below. Thank you!

Please use plain text.
dkysum

I did try to go to nokia care center in dubai, however they told me that chinese language is not available for download in Dubai.

And they cannot help me for anything.

I feel upset, but i want to have solution so that i can read chinese .............

Please help

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
grschinon

That's nonsense. It's available anywhere.

Are there other care points in Dubai that you can try for a second opinion?

Please use plain text.
dkysum

there is only one nokia care in dubai

they just asked me to do the software update under PC suite to change the language, but there i also cannot change the language, there is no such option.

Please i really need to support chinese language in order to do my business.............

Appreciate if you can help

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
sandzeng1234

So crazy ,,,, i bought   E72 at Vietnam ,but it only can display English & Vietnamese , i need review chinese message ....can someone help me ??

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

As mentioned above.. you will have to visit Nokia Care and request them to install the Chinese Language Pack...

Be aware that any Firmware update will remove this language pack..and you will have to get it re-installed..

Please use plain text.