Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Email Delivery Failure on E72

Counsellor
Kakoproject

Email Delivery Failure on E72

For almost 2 weeks now I have experianced email delivery failure on my Nokia E72. I got a message indicating that Nokia was unable to authenticate with my email provider, preventing email delivery to my phone. Perhaps for having changed my password for my email address.

Indeed I had changed my password, but even after updating my Nokia Messaging mailbox settings with my latest password as advised by Nokia Messaging Team, I am still experiancing email delivery failure to my phone.

Please help. I thank you in advance
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

[ Edited ]

Did you consider to avoid Nokia Messaging at all?

Nokia E72 » Menu » E-mail » Settings » (do not open, but highlight) Yahoo Mail » Options » Remove Mailbox » Back » New Mailbox » E-mail address: user@example.com

If you use that dummy address at the start of the E-mail assistant, you bypass Nokia Messaging and enable the direct IMAP/SMTP client of your Nokia. However, before you do that and becausethe SMTP server of Yahoo Mail is configured in a bad way, please, do this …

In that case, if you need E-mail push (IMAP IDLE), you have to for ProfiMail.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Kakoproject

I checked the certificates as advised and found Globalsign Root CA had expired. I downloaded a new one and replaced the old one. I removed my yahoo mail box and installed a new mailbox. Unfortunately it cannot work as I continue to get the following message: "Unable to connect with the information provided. Try again" I have tried several times without success. Please help. Thanks in advance.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Kakoproject

I also discovered that apart from Globalsign Root CA certificate which expired in Jan 2014, Verisign RSA Secure Server CA expired in 2010 and *.mail.yahoo.com certificate is also expired. Could this be the problem? I have not been sucessful in downloading the last 2 certificates. Please advise me on they way forward.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

I updated the post in that other thread. If you still have a question or still face this issue, please continue here.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Kakoproject

I am still challenged by the same problem even after going through the following:
I checked to ensure that the expired GlobalSign Root CA certificate was deleted. I also deleted the certificates in the 'Trusted Site Certificates' section. I installed Network Improvement.Sis. I also successfully installed ALL the certificates on the traud.de/ta website that could install including the DigiCert one.
After this I tried to reinstate my yahoo mailbox but I continue getting this message: 'Unable to connect with the information provided. Try again'. I really need more support, thanks in advance.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

[ Edited ]

Did you use user@example.com (on the first query) to enable the direct e-mail client?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Kakoproject

Yes I used user@example.com as an email address and I also used my password to create a new mailbox called 'Example'. But it does not fetch my emails, neither does it send/receive emails, it simply created a new mailbox which does not function. I hope I did it the correct way.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

[ Edited ]

Then let us double-check. Please, to post all of your

Nokia E72 » Menu » E-mail » Settings » user@example.com » Mailbox settings » Advanded mailbox settings » Incoming email settings

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Kakoproject

This is what I have on my advanced mailbox settings> Incoming email settings:
User name: user@example.com
Incoming mail server: Empty
Access point in use: Ask always
Password:***
Security: On(SSL/TLS)
Port: Default
APOP Secure Login: Off
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

As type, you should have select not POP3 but IMAP. Therefore, please, delete and create it again and enter user@example.com only on the first question.

‘user@example.com’ is just to bypass the assistent for Nokia Messaging. After the mailbox was created, you have to change every occurrence of ‘user@example.com’ back to your E-mail address manually. Especially, the user-name in incoming-email settings!

As incoming mail server, you have to use imap.mail.yahoo.com

As outgoing mail server, you have to use smtp.mail.yahoo.com

At the end, as mailbox name, you can change ‘example’ to ‘Yahoo Mail’.

‘My mail’, should be your full/real name.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Kakoproject

I did as advised above. The new mailbox is still unable to fetch my emails. When I try to send/receive I repeatedly receive this message: 'Unable to Log in. Try again' Then I am asked for my Yahoo! Mail Password. My mailbox never required me to log in or for password before, but now, even when I put in my password again and again, it still does not work. What am I doing wrong? I have strictly followed all the instructions. I am patiently waiting for more support.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

[ Edited ]

Nokia E72 » Menu » E-mail » Settings » Yahoo Mail » Mailbox settings » Advanded mailbox settings » this time: Outgoing email settings

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Kakoproject

Outgoing email settings:
User name: Same as for Incoming
User name: johnmubangizi@yahoo.com
Outgoing mail server: smtp.mail.yahoo.com
Access point server: Ask always
Security: On(SSL/TLS)
Port: Default

The mailbox repeatedly asks me to Select Connection and it gives 3 alternatives:
Search for WLAN
Internet T-Mobile Internet
Uncategorised (8-access points)

I have tried to select connection using all the above alternatives, one at a time, but with no success yet.

After that I am asked to log in, which I do using my password, then a message indicating 'Unable to Log in' comes!
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

[ Edited ]

Because of these uncategorised access-point, we should to double-check the Internet settings as well:

Which network operator do you use, in which country?

Are you able to browse the Nokia Store from within your Nokia E72?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Kakoproject

Yes Iam able to browse the Nokia Store from within my Nokia E72. I have downloaded some staff from there right now.

I am using MTN Uganda as my network service provider in Uganda for over 3 years on this phone. This problem only came 2 weeks back.

The following are the access points listed as uncategorised:
T-Mobile MMS, MTN WAP, MTN MMS, MTN WEB, New group, Orange Wap

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

First, let us double-check which access-point Nokia Store is using:

Nokia E72 » Menu » Web » Options » Settings » General » Access point

Is that ‘Always ask’, a destination or an access-point?

Then, we tidy-up:

Nokia E72 » Menu » Control panel » Settings » Connection » Destinations » Options » Default connection » Internet. I guess, you use MTN Web. If yes, you should delete all other access-point except the one which works in Web. Finally, move MTN Web from the uncategorised destination to the to the Internet destination.

Did that help?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Kakoproject

I checked and found that Nokia Store uses MTN WAP access point.
I deleted the other access points. I moved MTN WAP from uncategorised destination to internet destination.
My mailbox is not functioning yet. It continuously brings the message: 'Unable to login' Afterwhich it requests for a password.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

MTN WAP is not a good access point because it includes a proxy which might block the TCP ports we need now for Nokia Mail. The old Nokia Messaging worked via HTTP which is not blocked by WAP access points.

Please, have a look at MTN Web » Options » Advanced settings » Proxy server address. This has to be None. Then, go back and open MTN Web again: As ‘Access point name’ try be internet

If that does not work either, try mtndata

If that still does not work, check your remaining data volume (balance) via the phone code *150*1#

If you still have balance, I would call MTN whether you are allowed for Internet access. I cannot check any further from here, because I am not in Uganda. Another trick to test your settings is to find a Wi-Fi. If Yahoo Mail works there, you know it is related to your MTN contract.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Kakoproject

I have changed my access point from MTN WAP to MTM WEB. I have enough data balance. It only works well with other browsers including Nokia Store, but my mailbox is not functioning yet.
Please use plain text.