Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

F-Secure anti-theft; Password forgotten

Mobile Guru
phonehacker

F-Secure anti-theft; Password forgotten

[ Edited ]

I have seen many posts on the forum regarding this thread. So I decided to post the solution here:

If you forget your security code, you can reset it from the trusted number. Follow these instructions:

1. Send SMS with the following message to your device: #UNLOCK#
  2. Your device sends the reset SMS message with instructions to the trusted number.
  3. Send the reset code from the trusted number to your device.
  4. Your device is unlocked and you can create a new security code.

Note; this is taken from F-Secure > Help > Anti-theft settings.

If you want to thank someone, just click on the blue star at the bottom of their post

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Re: F-Secure anti-theft; Password forgotten

[ Edited ]

The subject line is bit confusing.. Not making it clear whether you are posting a Useful SOLUTION or putting up a Query..

Just my views.. not to offend you...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
billnumberone

My N8 wouldn't recognise my password (even though I had written it down in a safe place). Neither would it accept the "#UNLOCK#" as an instruction from my safe number. So I have had to delete F-Secure off my cell - I used "FExplorer Pro" downloaded off Ovi - Killed F-Secure, then deleted it. So if you have forgotten your password and "UNLOCK" doesn't work - maybe try FE Pro.
Please use plain text.
shariatmadary

i send sms from trusted number but there is no answer
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
vimalda

Have you tried this? Go to;

Menu->Settings->Application manager->Installed apps->Long press

the "Mobile Security"->Uninstall.

(This is from N7, it should be equal in your phone, at leats you'll got the point).

Thanks

Vimal

Please use plain text.
amarhw

I have N8 with the same problem but beside that I have other problem...... I don't have in Application manager (F-Secure or Mobile Security)  to delete. I've tried to delete the application from the application folder by long pressing and selecting delete but it returns "installation failed"

what can I do ?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
ajaydavidson

Go to Nokia store then download it and install it then you may be able to remove it.
Nokia C7
Please use plain text.
amarhw

I tried this solution too but when I try to install anything the mobile returns "unable to install"

What can I do ?

Please use plain text.
naughtyrobot

If F-Secure has not locked your phone, but you have forgotten your F-Secure Security Code, then you can use AppStop to kill the F-Secure process and then uninstall 'Mobile Security' from 'Settings->Installations->Already Installed' (long press on 'Mobile Security' to get 'Remove' option).

The option to send an SMS from the Trusted Number with the text '#UNLOCK#' does not seem to work on my N8 running Nokia Belle.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
chiranjibg

I tried it twice and it worked. Following are the steps.

Step 1: Goto Applications > Office and long press F-Secure and choose Delete

Step 2: If in Step 1 it fail, it will at least stop working and will be closed. Then repeat Step 1 and the application will be removed.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
juju94

how to reset my password ... i forgot my password ...

help me please ... thank you

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Iris9290

Hi juju94,

Welcome to Nokia Discussions.

If you've forgotten your security code please contact a local Care line, if you mean you've forgotten your Nokia account password you can reset it here. Please let me know what password you've forgotten if the above is not what you mean.

Iris9290

If my post has helped you in any way, please accept it as a solution or click on the white star, so that other users will be able to benefit from it too.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

[ Edited ]

juju94 wrote:

how to reset my password ... i forgot my password ...

help me please ... thank you

..and if its F-secure Password..You need to uninstall the application as mentioned in posts above or as a final step Hard reset your device which will erase all data from the Phone memory. Back-up your data before doing it. 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
jojobambam

ive sent an sms but i dont know what the trusted number is to recieve , my mobile phone wont even let me get on it please help me

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Serenehighness

Thank you so much!followed the instructions and I was able to unlock my phone.had been struggling with it for the last week. Can I reinstall it again?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Serenehighness wrote:

Thank you so much!followed the instructions and I was able to unlock my phone.had been struggling with it for the last week. Can I reinstall it again?

Should not be any issues in Re-installing ..

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
operazwagin

pls how can i text sms to find my phone and who'll i text it to?
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
operazwagin

i mean i hv anti theft on my phone.
Please use plain text.
Community Manager
tiny_chef

What particular anti-theft app are you referring to? Are you referring to F-secure or another application?

Nokia Lumia 1020 - nothing comes close Nokia Asha 501 - super smart pocket power 

Follow us on Twitter Watch Nokia Support Videos

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
henry69

i tried the sms #UNLOCK# however nothing happened. When I tried your idea regarding uninstallation first it was unsuccessful when I tried again it was successful and it had been removed completely. Regarding long press it doesn't worked on my phone but I do have the option botton. Anyway thanks alot for your contribution. Heads off vimalda..
Please use plain text.