Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Facebook Touch Mobile Site NOT Working (touch....

Advisor
hyder1754

Facebook Touch Mobile Site NOT Working (touch.facebook.com) on Belle Refresh (using E7-00, N8-00 and PureView 808).

I was fine when I was running Symbian Anna on my Nokia N8-00 and my E7-00 but since the Belle upgrade the Browser is unable to show some Java features (thats what I think the problem is) on the FaceBook Touch website (touch.facebook.com). Try it on your phone(s) the 'Notifications', 'Messages' and 'Friend Requests' button on the top are NOT loading. In addition to that alot of other functionality of the website is lost as well i.e. not infinite scrolling of the feed, it stops after the first page. Still works fine on Symbian Anna on one of my older phones, but Belle has the Browser with some limitations or functionality removed. I've also tried a third party browser (Opera NOT mini but Full version) and it is 'Extreamely' slow but opens the touch (as well as the full desktop) site eventually. Please Nokia developers, release a patch/upgrade for the browser. Need help.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
blkx

Re: Facebook Touch Mobile Site NOT Working (touch.facebook.com) on Belle Refresh (using E7-00, N8-00 and PureView 808).

We really need a fix for this problem. I have a lot of friends that complain about this... touch.facebook doesn't work in the native browser and neither in opera mini

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

Re: Facebook Touch Mobile Site NOT Working (touch.facebook.com) on Belle Refresh (using E7-00, N8-00 and PureView 808).

hi guys,

as Symbian is in maintenance mode, it is extremely unlikely that anyone will see anymore firmware updates for Symbian devices (bar the 808 PureView), as development and business focus is now centered on the Asha line-up and Windows Phone range of Lumia devices.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Luci1981

Yes, I complained a lot about this also. This is not a new feature request but a bugfix.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
hyder1754

The fact of the matter is, the Browser versions are identical NokiaBrowser/8.3.1.4 to be noted. I have an E7-00 with Belle FP2 and an N8-00 with Symbian Anna. I even saw the contents of the Config files on both which had exact same settings and no difference. I even attempted to overwrite the browser config file from N8-00 (Anna) to my E7-00 (Belle FP2) and ReStarted the Phone. Upon opening the http://touch.facebook.com - it refused to load the entire page on the E7-00 (Belle FP2) and on my N8-00 (Anna) it works fine (flawlessly). Please we need your attention - I'm due for an upgrade to the PureView 808 which runs Belle and simply scared to the fact that the Browser is going to act the same.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Jandieg

If you are able to load the page, report this to Facebook by doing:

• Left side menu (///) > Report a problem
  • Select News feed from the picklist.
  • Write the problem description.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
hyder1754

Well my friend, facebook is not the problem. The problem is the Browser (probably just a config) in Symbian Belle/FPx because it works absolutely fine on my N8-00, my WP8 phone as well as a stupid Android. The real need for this to work is because all the amazing Camera phones that have been invented (thanks to Nokia) like the N8-00 and the awe inspiring PureView 808 are now to be running Symbian Belle and the Browser in there is simply unable to load/function properly when loading the http://touch.facebook.com. The low bandwith (non-touch) version which is http://m.facebook.com works fine but the functionality is such limited in there that it takes the photo taker to transfer the photos/videos from the N8-00/808 to a PC/Mac etc in order to simply upload them. If it could've been just simply the matter of Point/Click take photo and zap it upload on touch.facebook.com then life would've been so much easier. One tiny little config/bug etc is holding the entire collection of people world wide from being simple and quick. I really hope Nokia releases a fix on the Ovi/Nokia store for this, even if it costs around $$$ I'd be the first one to buy/download. I'm even happy to get in touch with the developers to work with them, demonstrate and even more than happy to willingly compensate for the work. All I need is a contact.

Please use plain text.
Sage
Dhdhdharani

Fb block touch.fb.me
Please use plain text.
Advisor
lichkjk

bump!
Update to belle refresh and i got this rubbis browser!

Nokia should never ever let belle refresh to be on this world!
Please use plain text.