Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Forgotten Lock Code

Registered Member
Accepted Solution

Forgotten Lock Code

I have forgotten my Lock Code. How do reset it?
Please use plain text.
Sage
csteelooper

Alas... You won't be able to... Why do you need your lock code? Because there might be one way, which is *#7370# or *#7780#. Either of those two COULD reset your lock code, but the one which does also erases your data... you will need to have a back-up at hand. If neither of these codes do reset the lock-code (which is also the SECURITY code, you need to go to an NSP...
V3.0704.1.0.1
19-01-2007
RM-133 Nokia N73(57.01) Product Code:0539338
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
richcowell

You need the lock code to use those codes if I remember correctly (not gonna try it just incase! lol)

You should take it to your nearest Nokia Service Centre and ask them to sort it for you... maybe take proof-of-purchase with you, just in case...
Nokia History: 3110, 5110, 7110, 7110, 3510i, 6210, 6310i, 5210, 6100, 6610, 7250, 7250i, 6650, 6230, 6230i, 6260, N70, N70, 5300, N95, N95, E71, E72
Android History: HTC Desire, SE Xperia Arc, HTC Sensation, Sensation XE, One X+, Google Nexus 5
Please use plain text.
Sage
csteelooper

Nope, you don't... But it would certainly be wise of Nokia to have made sure not to reset the lock code when formatting the phone. otherwise any old crook could go over the hills with your phone... So I'm afraid TS has no option but to go to the nearest NSP as his manual and the phone's online help suggest.
V3.0704.1.0.1
19-01-2007
RM-133 Nokia N73(57.01) Product Code:0539338
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

ok so here's the thing.
i have a nokia6020.
i recieved it as a gift from my cousin, don't know where he bought it though.
i put a lock on it wich normally is 1985 but when i tried to reset my phone it just wouldn't accept it.
so now my poblem is that i either messed up my phone or some body messed it up for me.
and here's the catch, i live in bonaire, netherlands antilles. we don't have any nokia shops here. so i just wanna know what i have to do, and how???
remember i don't have contact with any nokia places so, plse help me.
there must be a code for unlocking of my phone.
i'll check in my manual and see if there isn't anything written in it about what i have to do in case of an emegency like this one.

hope to hear good from you,
rams.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
wumesh

I have the same problem. I am from Sri Lanka and we have Nokia authorised dealer here who is just trying to make money instead of a service.

However, I have read many articles in this forum about this issue and few experts have mentioned to reinstall the firmware as a solution. But I haven't done yet to confirm :smileysurprised:))

Just try searching “lock code” in the forum and you will get many articles about this issue.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
matej999

Install the new firmware by NSU... it might work
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
roberth

i dont think any of that will work.....
youll need to carry it to a service centre prove that the phone is yours(via a bill or registration of the imei number to you) and they can/may be able to reset the lock code to the default code.
Please use plain text.
Professor

I don't know about the 6020, but my N95 with a lock code set updates using NSU with no problem at all. It doesn't ask for confirmation of the lock code, and it resets the code to the default value (12345).

So I'd try updating using NSU, but make sure you BACK UP all your data first!!!
Please use plain text.
Sage

stealing phones is the wrong thing to do!!!
Please use plain text.
Professor

8-O You're quite right!!!!

Sorry, didn't mean that I'd stolen my phone and reset the code by updating! I just meant that I'd set my security code when I first got it, and when I updated later with NSU it didn't ask me for the code.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
wumesh

Why everyone thinks we are Steelers just b’cos we have lost or don’t work the security code..????
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
on9_now

Hello,

I just faced this "forgot lock code"...

i tryed using that *#7370#...but we still have to use the lock code...the problem is,i forgot the lock code.then,i cant use the *#7370# because to restart phone,i have to enter the lock code number.i dunno how to do.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary

I just faced this "forgot lock code"...

i tryed using that *#7370#...but we still have to use the lock code...the problem is,i forgot the lock code.then,i cant use the *#7370# because to restart phone,i have to enter the lock code number.i dunno how to do.

Read the answers here on this post .

Dont forget you guys with a security code problem it is a security code and if their was an easy work around then it would be pretty useless security   .

jje

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
on9_now

Hello,

I've read the user guide of Nokia N73.it says there if we cant remember the lock code.,,,,contact the service provider,....

what is mean by Service Provider?is it the plan we use in the phone?

Thank You.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary

Service Provider in this case means the supplier of the phone  .

jje

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
on9_now

Hello,

is it the supplier which is Nokia?sorry for asking too much.but about the code,nevermind.i'll just let it be..because now,my phone already had enough memory to store anything.

Thank You for your answers.

Please use plain text.
Sage
blackslash

There is no way you can fix this probblem by yourself. You will have to take the phone to a nokia service center, If not a person who has the necessary tools to flash a Nokia phone can also fix this issue.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
dangerousi2

my bro i've dial these 2 numbers but again a message appears requesting lock code even i've updated my phone software then also it havn't set to default lock code.Can you please sugest me other way to reset lock code

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
love004

hey frnds,i have forgotten my nokia n73's lock code.if there is any master code or any way to unlock it  please tell me.i hardly need it.i also heared about the following trick (*,no.3,call botton).but i also heared that by doing this,my phone's speed will be slow down.so please help me

Please use plain text.