Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Fring not working on my Nokia N8? (Belle)

Counsellor
Jemil
Accepted Solution

Fring not working on my Nokia N8? (Belle)

I installed fring from the OVI store via my nokia n8 It worked fine all booted up I login in (: And then I pressed  exit... Now when I click on it nothing happens? Says its running then stops and goes back to my home screen :smileysad:?

I hope someone can help? I have tried to delete and reinstall!

Thanks

-Jemil

Please use plain text.
gestgimbal

i also got same problem. nokia team please do update for fring

Please use plain text.
sherazn8

same topic

/t5/Phone-Applications/Fring-not-working-after-belle-update/td-p/1307407

I think fring team have to update fring with belle compatible like skype did.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Jemil

[ Edited ]

Hey Everyone! I got it working :smileyvery-happy: On my Nokia N8 Belle!

Ok here is one way:

1. Download FRING v4.05(17) (look on OVI)
2. After installing log in with your account and let it load properly.
3. After fring starts properly you will see all your contacts there now u can use fring as you want but as we all know after exiting in belle fring dont start again forever so here is the trick.
4.Do no exit fring yes i mean this do not exit fring instead what you have to do is follow this.
click on option on the right side>> click on settings >> click personalize>> see the last option it says LOG OUT>> click LOG OUT and press yes when it ask you to LOG OUT.

5. Now you will see the log in screen again >> press option and exit FRING.
6. Thats all friends now try to start fring again and it will start for sure. so every-time now you have to log out so that it starts again next time.

NOTE: if you forgot to log out and simply exit it then i am sorry this trick will not work again at all so kindly remember to log out before exiting FRING..

Now if you have done what I done and exited Fring -_- There is still a way!

And here it is (Tested on my Nokia n8 Belle Today And(And yes you can exit and reopen etc..)

Comments and thoughts are welcome.

Enjoy your face to face calls (:!

Moderator's note: Post edited because it contained information about unofficial ways to modify the device software. Doing so might void the warranty of the device, and possibly damage it. Therefore it is not allowed to discuss about unofficial methods on Nokia Discussions forum.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
MohamedFouad

Get the New fring for Nokia
NOW It's solved! :smileyhappy:

Nokia fringsters, get the updated fring fixes some of the most annoying bugs you told us about.
With the new fring, you’ll SEE improved video, hear better audio & get stability improvements.
So grab the newest version by pointing your mobile browser to m.fring.com
EgyEng.com
Please use plain text.
Contributor
sbk198725

Hi,

As you mentioned i downloaded the latest version of fring application from m.fring.com, but even after that its still not working. (After installing new version, when i click on Fring its loads and then comes back to my home screen). please suggest some other solution.

thanks.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Isma_11

[ Edited ]

same here.. can't start even after deleting and installing it back..why oh why? please make it work nokia. Need it fast..

Please use plain text.
Contributor
sbk198725

Hello,

Please let me know if somebody found a solution for accessing Fring application in Nokia N8 with Belle OS..

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Gleamy

Use Xplorer and find folder c/systems/03081978
look for the 3 files and delete them:

WatchdogConfig
WISPrCrd.dat
WISPrPRR.dat

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
zetak2005

thank you!! works fine with nokia C7 belle!! :smileyhappy:))

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
HairyBreeks

Great thanks. Was doing my head in.

I might add, after deleting those 3 files you must then log-out, then restart fring, log-in and all will be well.

Regards.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
sbk198725

Fring application is missing in Ovi store, when i tried to download it directly from m.fring.com/download. Its getting installed but the application is not listed and even after i restart my Nokia N8 set i dont find the app. When i visit the site again am not able to download the app anymore..

Fring removed from OVI Store ????
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
sudarshanrador1

That worked great!. i hope deleting those files would not create problems for other apps in the phone
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
aberdeen

hello...no fring from my ovi store..how can i download it again???? Please help me...i really want back my fring apps....i used www.fring.com but its not working after i installed it...
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Dario90

sorry, what do you mean by Explorer I did not find this option in my Nokia N8 ... you can be more detailed, please!?
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
aadilh1

I recall using the three files given to locate the problematic file. I then replaced the file with an empty read only file of the same name & that worked before. I didn't make a note of the file & have since removed & resintalled fring but now its not working. I had emailed fring about the issue but not response. I had also emailed nokia, but the app has since been removed as I'm sure I used the store download earlier.

Login crashes the app. Any other solutions?
Remember, Questions and Answers are required by this Nokia support board. It's very strict, don't complain, criticise or express opinions which does not answer question or your post could be deleted. My friendly warning.
Please use plain text.
isaiyavan

Thanks @Gleamy , your solution worked for my E7-00 with Belle OS.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
vivekkannan22

How to find these three file? i dont have system folder in c memory?
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
naveedaeom

I am trying to search fring from OVI but there is tells me that

Sorry, this item is not available for the Nokia N8-00 Belle.
Browse more great content in the "Related" section below.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
aadilh1

Officially fring isn't working, that's why its probably removed. Fring needs to develop a good working belle fix & it might come back afterwards for the belle handsets. Generally you cannot view or change the system folders in C without custom mod software & a third party file browser like y-browser or similar to view the hidden directories.
Remember, Questions and Answers are required by this Nokia support board. It's very strict, don't complain, criticise or express opinions which does not answer question or your post could be deleted. My friendly warning.
Please use plain text.