Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Fring not working on my Nokia N8? (Belle)

Lodibd

Fring working on Symbian Belle(Work 1000000%)

Only follow these steps:

0. system needs to be hacked
1. install Fring if it is not (for exapmle form Ovi Store)
2. get x-plore filemanager and
3. go to C:\system\03081978 folder
4. find the file WISPrPrt.dat and rename it (to WISPrPrt_.dat or anything)
5. create an empy text file with this name WISPrPrt.dat
6. Done! :smileyhappy:

Now you can run and use Fring without logout every time you exit.
Comments and thoughts are welcome.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
rajovikwt

[ Edited ]

Can you send me the xplore fie manager if you have.

Thanks

Moderator's note: we do not recommend users to share sensitive information on a publi discussion board.

Please use plain text.
ichu

please send the file -get x-plore filemanage.or how we can find this location.please advice me.

go to C:\system\03081978 folder
Please use plain text.
ichu

kindly advice to me ,how we can find this folder,go to C:\system\03081978 folder....

Please use plain text.
Contributor
shyamsinghpatel

[ Edited ]

http://www.n8fanclub.com/2011/04/x-plore-v152-symbian3-best-file-manager.html

Obtain from Here or Search on OVI  Application "my explorer"

Please use plain text.
Contributor
shyamsinghpatel

[ Edited ]

Only follow these steps:

0. system needs to be hacked
1. install Fring if it is not (for exapmle form Ovi Store)
2. get x-plore filemanager and
3. go to C:\system\03081978 folder
4. find the file WISPrPrt.dat and rename it (to WISPrPrt_.dat or anything)
5. create an empy text file with this name WISPrPrt.dat
6. Done!

Now you can run and use Fring without logout every time you exit.
Comments and thoughts are welcome.

It's Working Fine....... I Can Exit without log out and login again without any problem on my Nokia N8-Belle Mobile.............. Cheers Guys Thanks for the Nice Update

How i Done..
I Purchased "myexplorer" wifi Application from OVI.or use free one(http://www.n8fanclub.com/2011/04/myexplorer-v10-advanced-wifi-file.html#idc-cover) check comments (2page by mch59724)for application run process.....it's simple one other way u have to hacked yr phone like x-explorer file manager application,my advice user myexplorer application from OVI, i can browse all files include C drive, with this application can copy and move yr files over wifi to PC,but cannot create any blank file as per option 5.

How i made blank file.

i create one blank text file with name WISPrPrt.dat on my desktop. send it to N8 via Bluetooth. open myexplorer browse location select file, Rename it to remove .txt name, copy it and paste it to C:\system\03081978 folder, open fring exit it and again open.............working fine.

Please use plain text.
naaas7668

thanku its working....but one more pblm arise...the reciver cant hear my voice...but ican hear what they say.,,,in nimbuzz also.,.my phone is c7 belle plss help
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ttoemg

thanks a lot i will send your advise to the fring support team , since they never answer my request,
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
rajovikwt

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I don't have a computer. Only N8 Mobile. In this case which software to be installed on Nokia N8 to make Fring work?

Please advise.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
rafomac

Visit My Blog to solve Fring on Nokia Symbian Belle....

http://rafomactricks.blogspot.com/2012/04/fring-for-simbian-belle-latest-update.html

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
itansyo

Fring is not working properly with the new nokia software released earlier which is Belle software...therefore are there any methods in order to resolve this problem or is there any necessary updates which could solve the problem?

In addition there is no Fring version corresponding to nokia E7 in the nokia store..

Therefore if you may please work on those two problems and inform us as soon as possible.

Thanks for your valuable time

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
zahi2071

i not found fring in ovi plz give solution
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ayazkhan189

fring not working my n8 ayaz
Please use plain text.
kkpatelsa

Just go to m.fring.com and download it from there.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
rajovikwt

My family is in India and I am abroad. Is there a way to fix nokia n8 remotely. (some app like teamviewer?), 

Alternatively, is there an explorer which can be installed on nokia n8 mobile and then follow the steps mentioned in previous discussions to make fring work?

If yes, then please can you post the link of the website from where i can download it.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
rajovikwt

My family is in India and I am abroad. Is there a way to fix nokia n8 remotely. (some app like teamviewer?), 

Alternatively, is there an explorer which can be installed on nokia n8 mobile and then follow the steps mentioned in previous discussions (Like the explorer for desktop) to make fring work?

If yes, then please can you post the link of the website from where i can download it.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
aadilh1

I'd like to confirm the importance of getting this file replaced to make fring work, as confirmed by shyamsinghpatel

Presently as I post this message May 12, fring will always crash on Belle after you exit & restart the app. To get it working, you need to be able to enter...

C:\system\03081978 folder

4. find the file WISPrPrt.dat & replace it with a empty read only file.

However you do that is up to you. Generally you do not have system access to figure it out, others have discussed also.
Remember, Questions and Answers are required by this Nokia support board. It's very strict, don't complain, criticise or express opinions which does not answer question or your post could be deleted. My friendly warning.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
jamalaburoja

Fring not working properly it disconnecting@ itself
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
jamalaburoja

Fring not working properly it disconnect itself while iam talking
Please use plain text.
mendo852

can anyone help me??i have nokia C6-01 and i usig symbian belle..but ca cant use  fring can anyone tell me how to make it work..pleaseeeeeeee

Please use plain text.