Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Garmin Mobile XT on Symbian S60 5th Edition

paktam

i'll have a try and see how it works...i believe there is no 6th version of garmin on s60v5

Please use plain text.
Advisor
chrisinleedsuk

Why would you use Garmin over Ovi? I tried it and found it to be really unstable.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

chrisinleedsuk wrote:
Why would you use Garmin over Ovi? I tried it and found it to be really unstable.

1) Different map set which may be more accurate in your particular area.

2) On certain devices postitional acquisition can be faster.

3) Automatically changes to night mode illumination.

4) Satellite reception icon.

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
anaabedallah

how can i downloadit
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

anaabedallah wrote:
how can i downloadit

Try reading this thread in it's entirety particularly post by Giltezi_no1    

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
niel10528

I have been using Garmin XT since the launch of the Nokia n95-1, was using tomtom on the famous 6600 with external GPS, stopped using as not enough maps availabillity (India).

With the N95-1 downloaded Garmin XT, loads of maps available, updated the versions as & when available. Now using Nokia N8, only today updated to v5.00.60s6 This sorted out the portrait to landscape, text is cleaner. Drop me an email for updates / vehicles / or for a full install of Garmin XT v5.00.60s6. This is only for Nokia handsets with built in GPS...

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
fvisagie

Hi Neil10528,

I'm also using Garmin Mobile XT 5.00.60 on the N8 but it's unstable. When scrolling and zooming the map it hangs pretty soon and when doing a text Find it doesn't return any results.

On the E52 it worked perfectly.

The N8 has a basic configuration with nothing else running at the time and Garmin Mobile XT also has a low-resource configuration based on the factory defaults. The N8 is on Symbian Anna 024.001.

Do you have any advice for fixing these problems?

Thanks,

Francois

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
fvisagie

[ Edited ]

To prevent the last post from causing undue concern, I've come across some remedies in the meantime. See Garmin Mobile XT hangs on Symbian Anna N8.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
keihtan

thxxx that does the trick perfectly! :-)
Please use plain text.