Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Garmin Mobile XT on Symbian S60 5th Edition

Registered Member

Garmin Mobile XT on Symbian S60 5th Edition

Hello.I bought Nokia 5230 and tried to install Garmin Mobile XT but unsuccessfuly.I tried different versions of the program but when installed it doesn't start.What could i do, which version to install?Please help! Is there any chance of resolving this problem.Thank you.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary

Re: Garmin Mobile XT on Symbian S60 5th Edition

Garmin XT  version Symbian 5.00.50 . I can confirm works on S60 5th edition  Nokia 5800 XM.

Personally i would go back to Garmin assuming they sold you a version for your phone .

jje

Please use plain text.
Professor

Works fine on my N97 (and N95 by the way).

Has this Garmin Mobile been cobbled together from bits and pieces on different websites?

Please use plain text.

[ Edited ]

Hi

Yah  INT/5.00.50 and TW/5.00.60 on the N5230 work just fine. 5.00.50 is the last International version but it has a bug when navagating in landscape view, (the map looks out of sync, streets don't line up on the left and right side of the screen). That happens on the N97, N97 mini, N5230, and the Samsung HD, others say it happens on other Nokia phones, but I can't say that because I only have the phones I listed. Anyhow in the Tawain version 5.00.60 this was fixed. As a sidenote it has been rumored that Garmin has discontiued develpoment of there mobile XT product for Symbian because Nokia is offering their own product for free. But map updates will always work no matter what and in my opinion Garmin even without any more updates is and always will be a better mapping program than they very buggy Nokia/OVI Maps 3*..Lastly I am using Garmin on all my phones because Nokia/OVI maps 3.* turn by turn doesn't work properly on any of the phones I have, it is off by 250yards, (in back of) the actually position, (it tells you turn 250 yards after you already turned, crazy!) Whereas Nokia.OVI Maps V2.* never had that problem. I really wish Nokia would fix there current bugs before adding more buggy features...

Message Edited by jbricci on 01-Feb-2010 12:04 PM
Message Edited by jbricci on 01-Feb-2010 12:05 PM
Message Edited by jbricci on 01-Feb-2010 12:08 PM
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary

Garmin even without any more updates is and always will be a better mapping program than they very buggy Nokia/OVI

As Nokia now own Navteq one would hope that that now improves .

jje

Please use plain text.
GHOST_Razor

I'm having a problem with the Garmin Mobile XT 5.00.50 in my Nokia 5800XM. Everytime i want to navigate, the GPS software tells me that a detail map is required for this function to work. Any solutions? Thanks...

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary

What maps did you install  /what maps came with the software .

Maps are two components one mapbmap and one mapsup  should be in the root Garmin folder .

jje

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Niksavoy

hi jbricci
I`m trying to install Garmin Mobile XT 5.00.60 on Nokia 5230 Symbian OS v9.4, Series 60 rel. 5.

"work just fine" but not for me :smileyhappy: !

When i start the app for installation i get "this ver. is not for you phone bla bla ..... continue anyway ?"
If i click Yes the app is installed but not working correct - i see glitch in interface

Anny ideas ?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary

I`m trying to install Garmin Mobile XT 5.00.60 on Nokia 5230 Symbian OS v9.4, Series 60 rel. 5.

Contact Garmin .

jje

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
leni136

Can i install garmin mobile XT on Nokia X6 and if yes how?? Please Help:smileyhappy:)

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary

The usual way buy app from Garmin for your phone and install as per Garmin instructions .

jje

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
serbanvoda

Hello,

I have a small problem with my nokia 5230. I have installed garmin 5.0.50 on my mobile phone and everything works well until I turn off and on my telephone. It doesn't want to start, The nokia logo appear and after that it turns off. I can only turn on the phone if I take out the SD card. Please help me, because I really need the garmin but I don't want every time I turn on the phone to take out the SD card.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
scoobyman

Hi serbanvoda

I similarly had these issues on my 5230 and also have Garmin v5.00.50 installed although I don't think that this application is implicated. It does seem more likely to occur if there is little free space left on the microSD and since I started using 8GB which has 1.7GB free it has not re-occurred.

Another thing that you might try is go to Menu > Applications > Office > File mgr. > Backup > Options > Back up now if you haven't already backed up settings to memory card, which if I remember did seem to help the issue with previous smaller card which was almost full.

If you remove memory card when device switched off to transfer data using card reader , there are usually again problems starting up with memory card in situ unfortunately.

Happy to have helped forum in a small way with a Support Ratio = 37.0

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
hotspring98

It's happen to also, unfortunetely, X6 build with internal SD.

1 - Install garmin 50.0.60 - when switch off/on, It's off automatically, after 5 - 6 time trying to ON, then it's ok.

2 - Remove 50.0.60 and install 50.0.50, also same problem.. any solution.?

Thanks 4 advance..

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
borba72

Hey, on my Nokia 5230, how do I click the "next" buttons in the initial configuration of Garmin Mobile XT? Can't get it to click.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
scoobyman

Hi borba72

What version of Garmin Mobile Xt .sis is on memory card you have inserted as needs to be at least v5.00.50 to be touchscreen compatible?

Please use plain text.
sac2010

Same Problem with my NOKIA 5230, can't get past the language page!!! HELP REQUIRED PLEASE!!??:smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
scoobyman

Hi sac2010

Unfortunately on this manufacturer's sponsored forum there is a limit to how far we can go to support you, however you may have run into difficulties if on your PC you did not go to Windows Explorer > Tools > Folder Options > View and did not uncheck the "hide extension for know file types" when following advice from elsewhere.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
matejc

The trick is to delete file CardRunner.dll inside directory sys/bin directory.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Maxxxmud

I had this problem too. It's very simple - delete files on SD card \sys\bin\CardRunner.dll ;
\resource\plugins\CardRunner.RSC.
And everything will be fine!
Please use plain text.