Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Geocaching Live Nokia E7-00 Belle

Accepted Solution

Geocaching Live Nokia E7-00 Belle

Since Belle I can't install my favorite geocaching Java App. Nokia E7-00 Belle

On Anna it was not a problem.

When I try to install it I get an internal error "java.lang.SecurityException: METS_INF/LIVE.SF  has invalid digest for v.class in E:\Installs\GeocachingLive.jar"

This is the app: http://live.geocaching.com/dl/GeocachingLive.jar

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
haZey

Hi diggerholeKJ,

Welcome to the Nokia Forums!

Have you tried downloading the beta on the site you gave and see if the Geocaching works?

As Belle is an update and a different platform to Anna, certain applications may have not been updated to work along side Belle. IF problems still persist, we recommend you to contact the developers to see where they are with updating the application.

Regards,

haZey

If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

@diggerholeKJ

Can confirm that there seems to be Java implementation issue as per this screenshot upon N8 runnung Belle:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
gcliveuser

They (who knows who) have resigned the midlet in silence without notifying anyone. The signing date was 12-Jan-2012 and it should extend the live of this beta until 2014. For some reason they also have f-cked up those certificates and it won't install any more. Meanwhile you may use older version of this app http://live.geocaching.com/dl/old or this attached version and twist you phone's clock somewhere in year 2010 and install app and then restore the clock.

Please use plain text.

Top of the class for you,

I had to roll back the clock to 25/02/2009 but installed just fine.

thanks for the help.

K

Please use plain text.