Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Google maps for Nokia 5800 XpressMusic

khatash

Google maps for Nokia 5800 XpressMusic

Hi all,

I recently downloaded Google Maps on my Nokia 5800 XpressMusic. However, when I start the application on my phone, the connections fails to connect to the server. Has anyone faced this problem, or does anyone of you have any solution to this?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
KHATASH
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
alexlimco

Re: Google maps for Nokia 5800 XpressMusic

19-Jan-2009 07:37 PM
khatash wrote:
Hi all,

I recently downloaded Google Maps on my Nokia 5800 XpressMusic. However, when I start the application on my phone, the connections fails to connect to the server. Has anyone faced this problem, or does anyone of you have any solution to this?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
KHATASH

Hi, try Options -> Tools -> Connections and select a working connection. It needs at least a data connection to download maps from Google unlike Nokia maps where the maps can be downloaded in advance.

I find that the maps are more detailed in Google compared to Nokia maps though and is more 'eye friendly'.

Cheers.
Current Phone: NOKIA N8 (Best phone ever)
Please use plain text.
khatash

Hi Alex,

I did try that option as well. However, it is not working either.

The screen states: "Error: Bad status; 403".

Someone please help!!!!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Hey I have thesame Problem. Google Maps only works with Wifi @ home anymore, and when I try to change the Connection (Options/ tools/ change connection) it doesn't react anymore.

Also the Nokia Maps doesn't get any connection at all.

The Problems started by updating Google Maps, I have tried to reinstall Google Maps, but it wound work.

The Internet connection of my Phone work well, but just Google Maps/ Nokia Maps don't work.

Has someboby a solution.

Greetings

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
sockatume

A 403 error is "forbidden". Your phone company blocks Google Maps maybe?
Help I'm trapped in a sig factory.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

that can't be, becuause it worked before, and friends using the same network are not having any problems.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Ok I've found the soloution: go to menu/settings/connectivity/destinations/internet mark your (mobile) network connection than press options/organise/change priority and put it on top.

Now Google Maps should work...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Thank you for finding a solution Google maps is excellent my friend and I had it on our Motorola V3x's. We have both just bought the Nokia 5800 XpressMusic and it is the best phone ever. Getting setup took a while but now we're having fun finding everything. :womanvery-happy: 
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Sorry to hijack but I have a related question.  Once google maps are installed can I access them and all their features without a data connection and free of charge?
Please use plain text.
Professor
hgohel

Not that I know of.  You can use Nokia Maps and download the Maps while connected to the computer and then work offline.  Google Maps needs an active connection.
Nokia N8-00 (NAM, Product Code: 059C8T6), Symbian Belle, Type RM-596, 111.030.0609
Nokia 5800 XpressMusic (NAM, Product Code: 0577454) Software v51.2.007, Type RM-428
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Hello.

Ive just got a 5800 and am having the same problem.

Ive gone to menu/settings/connectivity/destinations but I have no Internet mark your (mobile).

I have the following:

Access Point

Internet (There is no mark your mobile in there)

Multimedia msg

WAP Services

Can you help

Please use plain text.
Contributor
TheCreator

you dont have to choose any "mark your mobile option" after you enter destination.you just have to choose Internet option The path you have to follow is: Menu-Connectivity-Destinations-Internet After reaching here choose the mobile network you are using to access the internet and follow the procedure as given above
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
mayurithakur

nokia 5800xpressmusic phone but it not sported google map.why?
Please use plain text.