Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Google maps isn't working in symbian belle

Registered Member
archankumar

[ Edited ]

dear friends i am here to resolve your issue and i request the developers to join me to develop our own google maps app i want to share few things with you i have tried almost all the versions of google maps with my 603 belle and observed that older versions between 2.0 to 2.3.0.9 are working well in my belle with wifi on/off but from 3.0 they are not being extracted by sisware or being installed in mobiles almost most of the nokia mobiles so i request the  carbide c++ and QT developes to help me to develop our own google maps application.  

Moderator's note; removed email address and file attachment. Publishing private information on a public forum is not wise and the attached file is not intended for the discussed platform. If you wish to contact the poster directly or exchange mailaddresses please contact him through a PM.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
surendrakanna

hiiiiiiiiiii

all above dudes plz install google 3.0.2 it will work 1000% in belle

thank for me plz

Please use plain text.
Advisor
dato22

is there any good news

is there any good news?

will we see new version?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
dato22

where we can find google maps 3.0.2 ? 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
blitzkid

Just try and search for it in the web... You're bound to find it easily.
blitZkid
Nokia C7: Running on Nokia Belle
"If I'm helpful in anyway, a click of appreciation on the star would be nice"
Please use plain text.
Professor
kurtkaufman

[ Edited ]
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Abasi

I leave in Zambia. I have a Nokia C7 and I am facing the same problem. Its not only Google maps which is not opening. Even Fring does not open on my phone. This has nothing to do with connectivity. The Belle operating system has a problem. Please Nokia people do something.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Abasi

Since a lot of us are facing a problem of some applications failing to open, is there a way we can go back to Symbian Anna. This problem was not the before I upgraded to Symbian Belle. All applications used to open,
Please use plain text.
Professor
kurtkaufman

[ Edited ]

@Abasi,

Unfortunately, there is no officially-sanctioned method for returning your phone to Anna. I've read about risky processes involving flashing ROMs, etc., but I personally would never recommend doing that. It would certainly void your warranty, and you run the risk of "bricking" your phone, rendering it inoperable. For Google Maps, try the link to version 3.0.2 (GM302.jar.zip) I posted above. It very well may work on your phone. Good luck!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Abasi

Kurtkaufman,
That you for your response. I have tried twice to download the link you have above. When I try to install it phone says its CORRUPT. What could the problem be?
Please use plain text.
Professor
kurtkaufman

You need to "unzip" the file on a PC, then transfer the GM302.jar to your phone. This should install and run. Let me know if it doesn't work. This is Google Maps version 3.0.2, which runs directly as a Java application on the phone, and which as a result has a slightly different appearance than the ones packaged as SIS files. Most of the functionality is the same, with the exception of the voice search. Google Maps voice search currently seems to be broken on all Symbian versions, however.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
virus1710

you guys are not the only ones facing this problem. I too can't access Google maps on my belle phone.. Earlier days, it worked like charm on anna.. But now it doesn't at all. This is really so troublesome..
Please use plain text.
Professor
kurtkaufman

[ Edited ]

@virus1710,

See message 46, above. May be a satisfactory solution.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
maximus4343

thank s. Working now jawa

Please use plain text.
Professor
kurtkaufman

Here is a link to the Google maps 3.0.2 (java version, checked for malware) which can be opened and installed directly on a phone:

http://www.kkef.org/GM302.jar

This can often be used on phones with Belle that are having problems with other versions of Google maps.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
syndulum

I know this sucks but there is a temporary fix. First turn on the wifi from the connections settings (just pull the top portion of the screen dont wory if there is no network access). After turning on the wifi, open the google maps and and bingo!! It opens. I know it sucks cuz, its gonna consume more power unnecessarily with the wifi on.
Please use plain text.
Sage
AlanWatson

I have a 701. Google maps was working fine until a couple of days ago when I upgraded to FP1. I now can't get either version of Google maps to work.

Reading above that I would need WLAN on I tried reinstalling from Google's web site, on the phone's C drive, restarting after reinstalling and making sure that WLAN, mobile data and GPS were all on all the time. No change. The installations seem to work but when I press the icon I just get the circle rotating for a few seconds and then nothing.

So I tried the link here to a java version of Maps (V 3. something). After unzipping this and transferring it to my phone I eventually managed to install and run it, but after I have accepted the licence agreement 95% of the screen is filled with a box asking me to join Google Lattitude (which I have already done.) There is a button at the bottom to close this box, but it does nothing. I can't get rid of the box without closing maps, and therefore can't use them.

I have made the same post on the Google Maps help forum (and on another thread about Google Maps under software updates.).

I would be grateful for any suggestions on how to proceed,

Alan Watson

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
raushankumar27

google maps are not working in belle fp1
Please use plain text.
Contributor
ashukashyap1

ya true its not working on my 701 also
Please use plain text.
Contributor
rel1303

Unfortunately this doesn't seem to work (many thanks for the suggestion though)!

I think the only real resolution will be for Nokia or Google to pull out their respective fingers and get this sorted for their customers. I however fear that this is highly unlikely to ever happen...
Please use plain text.