Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Re: Google maps isn't working in symbian belle

Advisor
xyn19

[ Edited ]

For those who have updated to Belle FP1, is Google Map working for you?  If not, have you tried a full reset?  Settings > Phone Management > Factory Settings > Delete data and restore.  This worked for me before FP1, nothing else worked.  I have not updated to FP1.

Quick steps:

1. Backup phone if needed
  2. Uninstall Google Map
  3. Full reset
  4. Resinstall Google Maps from m.google.com
  5. Keep Wifi & Data on
  6. Launch Google Map
  7. Worked for me before FP1. Don't know about FP1.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
chanchukwan

Disable Wi-Fi positioning in settings, and try

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Airbus320

[ Edited ]

Dear all,

I recently purchased a Nokia pureview 808 with Symbian Belle platform. I was very disappointed to find that Google maps did not work. The wifi trick does not work too. However, i came across a older googlemaps 3.0.2 which apparently worked successfully on the normal GPRS.

Note: This version also has the layer and satellite functionality.

Cheers and best regards,

Moderators notes: Advertising and link removed.

Please use plain text.
Sage
zopfan

[ Edited ]

I tried wifi trick and hard resetting. None helped. Then installed an older version (not 3.0.1 but 3.2.1). It is working excellent, but your wifi has to be on while it is opening.

I'm attaching the file for you (thought the same can be found on ziddu also, try searching "googlemapsv321") http://www.ziddu.com/download/20666801/googlemapsV321.zip.html

Moderator's notes: irrelevant part of the post removed.

Wish#1: MP3 Tag Editor capable of editing ratings.
Wish#2: Android type Video player, highly efficient player capable of playing all formats.
Wish#3: Without Google Maps (and products), no gadget is worth keeping.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Abasi

For quite some time now I have written about my Nokia C7-00
frequently restarting. Has any one found how to solve this problem? I have tried Hard restart and I have also tried to re install the operating system (Symbian Belle) but it still freezes.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
mrinmoy999

why its so tough while in nokia 5230 its easily perform ? I think its a trick of nokia , cause ovi maps smoothly run bt google map was not able to lunch
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
argie

Hi all,

I experienced the same issue that originally started this thread after installing Symbian Belle. Google Maps didn't start when I was using Mobile Data connections (2G or 3G, it didn't matter). It only worked when using a Wifi connection.

Until one day, all of a sudden, it just started working! But only for five minutes! I was biking and trying to get back to the main road, so I just turned around and went back to the spot where I had been able to get the app started. And I was able to start it again! I looked around and I happened to be standing almost directly under an antenna (not sure what kind of antenna it was, I didn't care, the only thing that mattered was that I was able to find my way back to the trail).

I leave it up to you to draw your own conclusions.

Cheers.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
prasher_rv

Hi,

I have a Nokia E6-00 which originally came with Symbian Anna; I switched to Belle a couple of months ago. As you say, Google Maps (version 4.0.1- the latest as of Nov'12) does not work out of the box and throws up a blank screen/crashes. But as per the suggestion of one of the members here, I tried launching Google Maps with Wi-fi enabled and it worked just fine. You can switch off Wi-fi after the app is launched and it continues to work perfectly.

Google Maps comes with GPS search enabled and tries to lock on to a satellite signal which may not work well indoors, but this can be disabled quite easily.

Hope this helps.

Please use plain text.