Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Google maps isn't working in symbian belle

diganthcd

Google maps isn't working in symbian belle

updated my Nokia n 8 to symbian Anna belle. Now
Google maps is not workin even after downloading
from the Google site. Please help.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

Re: Google maps isn't working in symbian belle

@diganthcd

Don't know from where you are posting, but no issues using Google Maps upon N8 running Belle in UK!

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Counsellor
vilu85

If it does open, but it doesn't work because it cannot connect to the internet, there is one thing you could try. First make the Wifi/Mobile data connection and after your phone is connected, open the Google Maps.

Counsellor
FoxNadir

Just open Wi-fi connections on top menu
diganthcd

my connection is active. I am leavin in INDIA. The problem is with the software i guess. Every other installed programme have a smooth run. Except for this. Once its start openin,it continues till the page of TERMS AND CONDITIONS. Once i agree with the conditions phone reverts back to standby screen.
Registered Member
sanbak

I am facing the same issue, living in India trying to use Google Maps on my Nokia 701, the application does not even start. Have updated to the latest software & still this is not working. Need Google Maps to work on Symbian Belle URGENTLY, as Nokia Maps suck!!! Hope this bug will be fixed soon have been putting up with it for last 4-5 months now... :-(
dush1983

Same problem with me, I am also from India. Problem started just yesterday. Google map goes blank when started. sometimes it just doesn't start. I uninstalled and reinstalled it. It worked properly for once but after that even reinstallation didn't work. I tried even over wifi but same result. Everything is fine, prioritised server is supl.google.com. I urgently need google maps. It has no parallels. Please help.
Registered Member
Naval4you

Try enabling  the WiFI and them start google maps, it works but its slow

Registered Member
ajithchrist

i am from india . Am also with same problem on my c6 01 pls help me
Mobile Visionary
blitzkid

There seems to be compatibility issues with Google maps and symbian belle. I tried a version of Google maps said to be for symbian belle but it failed to initialize after installation. Just plain white screen. What's the version of Google maps that's working in the N8?
blitZkid
Nokia C7: Running on Nokia Belle
"If I'm helpful in anyway, a click of appreciation on the star would be nice"
rumman_1981

switch on wi fi then lunch google maps it will work with mobile data...
Mobile Visionary
blitzkid

It wouldn't be feasible to have wifi every where we go to launch Google maps. If its a one time requirement, it can be done but requiring wifi everytime, not possible.
blitZkid
Nokia C7: Running on Nokia Belle
"If I'm helpful in anyway, a click of appreciation on the star would be nice"
Sage
matthewleech

The wifi trick does not work for me. I've tried all combinations of wifi/3g on/off connected/not connected.

I start the app, the screen goes black for half a second and then the app closes.

Counsellor
Ajayc601

My c6-01 is now switched to Belle. But it does't support Google map. It installed but when I open, it reverts back. Why it's happening? Do anyone have solution? Or its default?
Advisor
xyn19

same here, the problem is NOT related to wifi/3g data on/off.
Sage
matthewleech

Ditto on my N8 and C6-01.

Starts, black screen, closes; all in one second.

mabhayaratne

I too have the same issue with my N8. I too am from India. The problem started with Anna, and continues with Belle. The wifi, or wifi switch trick does not work. Nokia needs to correct this on Belle.
Contributor
Sivillopez

Download google map from getjar and then installed by switching both mobile data and wifi. Just enjoy it
Counsellor
arkidsad2009

[ Edited ]

You must keep 'mobile data' and 'wi-fi' both on , then open google map ,  it will work.

Advisor
xyn19

no, it doesn't work.