Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: HD GAMES

tzs93
Accepted Solution

HD GAMES

please release new hd games...we are tired of these old ones...
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Contact the games publishers and ask them what their release plans are. Nokia cannot force them to make more games.
Please use plain text.
tzs93

i have already done so...but atleast it needs to catch attention...
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

That is all that you can do then. Posting here will make zero difference, especially if the games are for symbian based phones.

All you can do is wait and see what gets released.
Please use plain text.
tzs93

do u also face the same prblm??
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

No, not at all. I use a Nokia Windows Phone, plenty of choice of games for that platform.
Please use plain text.
tzs93

yeah...i m talking abt nokia belle...
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Well all you can do is wait and hope for more games. Nothing can be done to help you here.
Please use plain text.
Sage
noki2000

Hi @psychomania

Do you honestly think Nokia cannot do anything so developers create more apps or games for its platforms?

If that is so, what does this means?

http://dailymobile.se/2012/03/16/galaxy-note-gets-exclusive-angry-birds-space-content/

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Nokia is focused in getting developers to the windows phone platform, symbian is no longer a priority and developers aren't being offered incentives to develop for it.

This was always going to happen after nokia announced the slow death of symbian last year.

Please use plain text.
Sage
noki2000

That's exactly what is happening and we all know it, but in your first answer to @tzs93, it looks like you're watching Nokia's back:

"Contact the games publishers and ask them what their release plans are. Nokia cannot force them to make more games."

Now, this answer is much more honest:

"Nokia is focused in getting developers to the windows phone platform, symbian is no longer a priority and developers aren't being offered incentives to develop for it.

This was always going to happen after nokia announced the slow death of symbian last year."

Cheers!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Abi007

you can check the hd games for symbian like toon warz, wave blazer, ranging thunder2, iron sighthd,or any gameloft hd game
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

[ Edited ]

noki2000, not watching anybody's back, just stating facts. Do you really think that posting here asking Nokia for HD games is going to make a blind bit of difference? The answer to that is no and ultimately in the end it's only the game developers that can decide what platforms they will support, that is why it should be them that people contact so that they know there is a demand for them.

Please use plain text.
Sage
noki2000

Hi @psychomania

So, a straight answer should've been:

"Contact the games publishers and ask them what their release plans are. Nokia is focused in getting developers to the windows phone platform, symbian is no longer a priority and developers aren't being offered incentives to develop for it."

I think this answer gives any unexperienced user a better view of how things work around here and everywhere in the business world. I'm not saying Nokia is bad for choosing WP over Symbian or Meego; it's just business for them and so it should be for us too when we decide what'll be our next device(s).

When you say "...Nokia cannot force them to make more games.", it gives the idea that developers don't want to develop for Symbian because they've chosen so, but it's at the contrary; it was Nokia who decided to dump Symbian / Meego and developers do only what they have to do.

Cheers!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

[ Edited ]

My original answer stands, it is factually correct, plus I shouldn't have to provide a history lesson with every answer I give when it can be found by searching this forum or google.

Now do you actually have anything remotely useful to add to this topic or do you want to carry on this petty points scoring exercise? Either way it's pointless to debate this as nothing can be done on this forum about this, what is done is done, regardless of the history behind it.

Please use plain text.
Sage
noki2000

Just a couple of things.

To all of you guys looking for more HD games for your Symbian devices; if this is a priority for you then you have to think better for your next device; "Best games for vast users", and the vast majority of the smarphone market is, as all we know, iOS and Android. Another reason to think it better is that Nokia's hardware specs are at the bottom of the line in what's referred to HD games support (at least until now); you know what I'm talking about: single core processor, little RAM, etc. Make a list of your priorities and choose your next device so it fulfils all (or the most) of your expectations. With that said I must add, though, I've chosen my Nokia / Symbian devices through the years, for other unique capabilities they have and those are more important to me than HD games.

And to you @psychomania, Your Highness. History must be included in an answer if history is relevant to that answer and in this case, it is, because you're hastily pointing your finger at developers only. What makes users forums different from commercial forums is that the last one is attended by salesmen or representatives who give answers wich are half true and don't affect the company business, but in the first one (just like this one) users give straight answers to other users, in a proper way of course, no matter if the company is affected or not. So, if you don't give straight answers you seem like an undercover Nokia's salesman.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
kunalrajput1

What is wrong with Nokia. I updated my Nokia c6-01 with Belle and since then, I am unable to play flv videos. The screen goes blank/white with a 'f' flash video's icon at top right of the screen. Please, fix this problem as soon as possible :'( :'(
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
timkamat

The flv issue is under investigation by Nokia. We are waiting for the solution ever since the launch of belle update.
In Love With My C6-01:Now running on Nokia Belle!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Krabbat

back to the main topic:

nokia further goes on salling symbian phones but do not care about apps because winphone ist more important?

that isnt a good reaction to symbian users (dont forget they all bought/(will buy) a nokia phone and so they can expect a good support)

Why nokia doesnt go on with both OSs? Symbian does not cost much money, it works, just need the support and new models so app developers work for it.

But I think nokias decision to leave Symbian OS is fixed isnt it?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
trojenn

noki2000 wrote:

Just a couple of things.

To all of you guys looking for more HD games for your Symbian devices; if this is a priority for you then you have to think better for your next device; "Best games for vast users", and the vast majority of the smarphone market is, as all we know, iOS and Android. Another reason to think it better is that Nokia's hardware specs are at the bottom of the line in what's referred to HD games support (at least until now); you know what I'm talking about: single core processor, little RAM, etc. Make a list of your priorities and choose your next device so it fulfils all (or the most) of your expectations. With that said I must add, though, I've chosen my Nokia / Symbian devices through the years, for other unique capabilities they have and those are more important to me than HD games.

Very well said.. One must make a list of his priorities and choose his next device. Why to regret after opening your Pandora box . A smartphone buyer ought to be smart not an impulsive buyer. Every phone and OS has its limitations and you can't expect your phone to do everything possible in this world. Though I feel little sorry for X7 users.

--- Nokia N8......I'm lovin it...
Please use plain text.