Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Help on 3600 slide - PC Suite

Contributor

Help on 3600 slide - PC Suite

My OS is XP,Pro- Service Pack 1.

I recently bought the 3600 slide and the recommended software as per the Nokia website is PC Suite Version 7.0. However PC Suite Version 7.0 is only compatible with Vista or XP- Service Pack 2. Whenever I try installing Version7.0 I get a fatal error during installation message.Consequently, I'm not able to view pics from my phone onto my comp.

Any help on this front towards resolving this would be appreciated!
Mobile Overlord
scoobyman

Re: Help on 3600 slide - PC Suite

Hi iszzak

Can't you alter cable connectivity mode profile to "mass storage" or "transfer data" and connect device as a Windows USB mass storage device instead?

Happy to have helped forum in a small way with a Support Ratio = 37.0

Contributor

Thanks Scoocbyman! Could you tell me from where I could access this setting you mention.

More twist to the story though:
a.) My phone has bluetooth but my XP SP-1 doesn't seem to support it
b.) My laptop has infrared but my phone doesn't support infrared.
c.) Used a friend's laptop as the final option and got the pics transferred.

Would still like to know if there's a PC suite that supports XP SP-1 and Nokia 3600.
Mobile Overlord
scoobyman

03-Nov-2008 05:16 AM
iszzak wrote:
Could you tell me from where I could access this setting you mention.

Hi iszzak

To change the USB mode, select Menu > Settings >
Connectivity > USB data cable and the desired USB mode.

Happy to have helped forum in a small way with a Support Ratio = 37.0

Contributor

Lovely! Got it. Will let you know if this works.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

[ Edited ]
Why not just install service pack 2 or 3 onto your XP PC so that you can use the latest PC suite?

SP2 & SP3 are much better and more reliable than SP1! Both are also totally free.

Message Edited by psychomania on 03-Nov-2008 10:18 AM
Contributor

Yep. I guess if nothing works I'll end up doing that.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Well that is the only way that you'll ever be able to use PC suite. Older versions won't fully support your phone and newer versions cannot be made to work on the old SP1.
Contributor

Touche! I only wanted to make sure I wasn't missing on any PC Suite version available that could solve this.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

No you are not missing any version that could solve it. At least the last four versions have required SP2. With the 3600 being a new model on older version won't be able to fully support it.

So you need to fire up windows update, install every available update and it should offer you SP2 or SP3. If not then you will need to visit a windows support forum.
Contributor

Thanks Psychomania! Registering on this discussion board has indeed proved to be fruitful.

Issac