Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: How to Use Java

Registered Member
yarcia020987

How to Use Java

[ Edited ]

how can use my java?

Moderator's Note: A more appropriate subject was provided so it will be easier for our community to respond to this post.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
Srikanthsd

Apps and games are java based. All you can do is to use java apps from Nokia store.

Ask question clearly, so that we can understand and give a proper answer.

-------------------If this post helped you, click on accept as solution.------------------
-----------------------------Appreciate by clicking on white star.----------------------------
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Edsoni

I bought my nokia 110 with 13.5 MB free phone memory. Now it is 2 months from when I bought it. It now has only 10.3 MB. Even when I clear my phone memory by dialling *#7370# there is no increase on the phone memory. Please help me to recover my lost memory manually because it will go to 0MB. I use internet thats why there is a fluctuation of memory.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
Srikanthsd

Probably it could be because of applying themes from memory card. It is better to apply themes first by moving some of them to phone memory and applying them from there.

To clear that hidden space, try reinstalling the phone software using Nokia suite.

Back-up important data before reinstalling.

Hope this helps.

-------------------If this post helped you, click on accept as solution.------------------
-----------------------------Appreciate by clicking on white star.----------------------------
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Edsoni

Exactly that is the real problem. The problem is themes. But even after I lost about 2.5MB for themes, I am still losing phone memory slowly by slowly when I use Internet. Even when I format phone memory I cant regain it. Please tell me how I can install nokia suite on my nokia 110. Does it work on it. Give me the download link to download that software (lite versions) Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
Srikanthsd

Nokia suite is actually a PC software.
You have to download it and install it on your PC, you have to connect your phone to PC via USB cable and there you go, you can reinstall the phone software using Nokia suite.

You can download the latest Nokia suite from www.nokia.com/nokiasuite

Hope this helps. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Edsoni

But nokia 110 has no where to connect USB cable to PC. Which other method can I use to format that hidden memory without connecting to the computer. Because it has no where to plugin to PC. Thank you.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
Srikanthsd

Well then, only way left is to copy those themes to internal memory and apply them.
Hope you got an idea of how you can save the remaining internal memory from being occupied because of applying themes from memory card.

Hope this helps.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Edsoni

How can I copy themes to internal memory since they are hidden? Even when I use MOBY EXPLORE or BLUE FTP the hidden theme=2.5MB cant be read. Do I need to download another theme to memory card then I copy it to phone memory and then I apply it? After doing that will I regain the other hidden memory? Which other way can I use. Please help me. Thank you.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Yusufaden

I need java connection because since i bought this phone i have not been using it
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
Srikanthsd

@Edsoni,

The themes when you apply from the memory card gets copied to phone's internal hidden memory which we'll not be able to see with any file explorer app.

That occupied memory cannot be released. You may try to copy the same old themes to any folder of internal memory and apply, this may release the internal memory.

From what I know, applying any number of themes in the internal memory wouldnot occupy unwanted extra space or waste the internal memory.

Hope this helps.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Edsoni

Unfortunately I dont see any old theme either on the phone or memory card, yet you said that I try to apply it afresh. How can I view and apply it? Can I apply a different theme and it works? Thank you for your support.

If the phone memory comes to zero becauses of the hidden themes does it have any negative effect on the performance of the phone?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
Srikanthsd

Yes you can apply any theme, if the theme is on memory card, first move it to internal memory and apply.

That's the best you can do to avoid internal memory problem.

Hope this helps.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Edsoni

I applied a theme and only recovered hidden memory due to internet browsing. This happened after applying and deleting the theme. I recovered 300KB. The hidden memory due to themes has not been recovered yet. It is 2.5MB. Which trick can I use to clear that hidden memory?

I have another problem. Why is it that manual internet settings cannot make the working of any mobile software that use internet connection? But the built-in browser works with manual settings. How can I solve this problem? I use nokia 110. Thank you for your support.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
Srikanthsd

Applying the same old theme is the only trick that may work. :smileyhappy: Leave it, that 2.5MB may not be recoverable.

For manual internet settings, see this link
http://discussions.nokia.com/t5/Pool-of-Knowledge/Manual-internet-settings-for-Asha-and-other-Nokia-...

Hope this helps.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
Srikanthsd

That manual internet setting makes all apps and default browser to work properly.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Edsoni

You recently told me to use nokia suite to reinstall the phone software. And my nokia 110 has no where to connect the cable But it has the option of updating the phone software. By going to settings>device settings>update phone software. When I update the software manually via internet the phone connects to internet and I receive this response NO NEW SOFTWARE AVAILABLE FOR UPDATE. Can this trick works like Nokia Suite of Pc? If so why you dont always update nokia software? Please help me. Thank you for your support.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
Srikanthsd

Updating using phone and updating using Nokia suite has small difference. Nokia suite reinstalls entire phone software whereas in a phone, it reinstalls only the required part of it.

You'll only get updates when Nokia recognises the important issues in a phone which need to be resolved or improved.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Edsoni

When I keep browsing on internet I lose phone memory of about 100KB. When I make a hard reset I regain that memory but I lose my personalised data. That memory is hidden even if I clear caches and cookies I cannot regain it. Help me.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Edsoni

I made a hard reset on my nokia 110 and new features were added in my phone. All 37 security certificates were deleted. All my softwares are now unsigned. How can I get those certificates back?
Please use plain text.