Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: How to unlink facebook from Contact

Advisor
Neiro

How to unlink facebook from Contact

I've accidentally linked the wrong Facebook profile to the wrong contact via the Social app. How do I unlink it? As far as I know, there is a chain icon for the Lumia and HTC phones. I'm on Belle but it seems that there is no such option from the latest OS from Nokia. The lack of full social integration (and I mean being able to not only add but remove contacts from social networks to/from my personal contact list) is kind of surprising. Other modern OS out there can do it, I don't see why Belle has to be the odd one out, again.

Please use plain text.
Sage
bkly11

Try select the particular contact to view in details, & click the edit button, remove the Facebook info from that contact.

Hope this helps you.

If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation by clicking the Kudos star at the left. If it provides you the solution, please click on the GREEN Accept as Solution button at below
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Tarounen

there is no option to remove facebook while editing!
Tarou
Please use plain text.
Sage
bkly11

What is your phone model & firmware version?

If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation by clicking the Kudos star at the left. If it provides you the solution, please click on the GREEN Accept as Solution button at below
Please use plain text.
Sage
bkly11

[ Edited ]

I just get Nokia Social app updated to v1.5.215 in firmware Symbian Belle 111.030.0609 in my Nokia N8.It looks like after Social app updated, it will auto link facebook profile to contact in N8

when first time click refresh at the Social main menu.

It's able to remove facebook link from contact.

First enable your internet connection first, either WiFi / mobile data.

Open contact & search the particular contract to display it.

Click option>Manage links, this will auto lauch Nokia Social app.

Now you can click option (right bottom button)> Remove profile.

Hope this helps you.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Widget74

thx bkly11...this works like a charme
Please use plain text.
Contributor
anand3210

Hello bkly11!

I use Nokia Belle on My N8. Thanks for the answer, but isn't there a way, for Nokia Social 1.5, not to link my facebook contacts automatically with my phone contacts every time I open my contacts while Wi-Fi/Packet Data is turned on? I'm still forced to use the Nokia Social 1.3 because of this. Not only that, I don't have the freedom to use my favorite contact pictures for my contacts as it changes all the time. :'(
Please use plain text.
Sage
bkly11

[ Edited ]

For my N8 Social app, only link facebook photo to my contacts in phone if click update at main screen of the Social app. So i guess maybe you dont click update at main screen would probably stop synchronize facebook photo to your phone.

And to use those pre-set contact photo, this is a known issue that Social app will replace any contact photo in your phone once you synchronize with facebook.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
shady2000shady

dear bkly11,
i've nokia n8 too and i tried to do the same but i was shocked when i didn't find manage link choice in options menu!!!
What can i do right now
my software virsion is 111.040.1511
Please use plain text.