Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Installing skype on nokia E5

Registered Member
alex123

Installing skype on nokia E5

I have a nokia E5 phone,i am trying to install skype on it,i downloaded it from OVI store,when i begin to install then phone start installation then a message appear " Unable to install ". this message appear when installation is on memory phone or memory card.

any ideas??

Sage
Lexusfan

Re: Installing skype on nokia E5

Try installing from other sources. You can go to skype.com/m with your phone and download skype.

Or this is the install file : http://www.mediafire.com/?zu2rop0mdy9jhez

Registered Member
Riz_

Lexusfan,

I have tried installing skype on Nokia E5 several times from skype.com/m but it is not working.

Then I tried mediafire link and it has worked fine in the 1st time.

Thanks a lot for your suggestion. :smileyvery-happy:

Registered Member
e5_skype_issue

skype is not been installed on my e5-00. this link either unable to install skype. plz guide me.:smileysad::smileysad: 

sarfaraz057

nokia e5 i am using and i want to download skype but i tried many times it says that unable to install i have tried in phone memory and also memory card but same problem i cannot install skype in nokia e5 please tell me what can i do help me
Registered Member
plankko

I managed to install it through ovi store. It is free and it works well.

Bye!
Professor
JudaZ

[ Edited ]

I would suggest you try and update to the latest Ovi Store, now called Nokia Store.

First delete temporary Internet files from the phones browser

In the phone go to Menu -> Internet -> Web -> Option -> Clear privacy data -> All

Then with the Ovi Store search for Nokia Store
You should then get the option to download the latest Store client 1.16.006

Restart the phone and try and then try and download Skype again

Registered Member
shanwz_0505

Hi there,

I am not able to install Skype or Nimbuzz on my E5. I ve downloaded it from OVI store, the downloading completes then it shows as installation failed. Please someone help me out!!! I went to Nokia care they asked me to update the software, now even after updating the software the same problem persists.

Thanks

Professor
JudaZ

have you updated the store client to Nokia store 1.16.006?

Registered Member
riteshkenny

Hi I had my Skype Working very well on my Nokia E5 till I installed Fring and Skype stopped working.

What Fring does is it installs VoipAudioSrv 2.x whereas Skype only works with 1.0 in E5.

What I did was, I uninstalled Fring, VoipAudioSrv 2.x and Skype. Reinstalled Skype and it automatically installed VoipAudioSrv 1.0.

Arghhh it was hell of a night!!! Going to sleep now with my Working Skype, No Skype=No Sleep.

Note: VoipAudioSrv 2.x can be removed from App Manager.

Registered Member
md_jamshaid

you r right, i did the same (uninstalled mobile dialler software) and the failure problem of installation skype vanished.

a lot of thanks man. you solved prolong problem

Registered Member
ekfarooqui

[ Edited ]

tried your given link http://www.mediafire.com/?zu2rop0mdy9jhez that downloaded successfully but during installation update error came and i still don't have skype in my e5

islamabadi

Having spent 2 days re- reading all advice on this matter , I was still not able to make any progress on installing skype on the E5! im not happy with this nokia model at all. everything is too complicated and after wrestling with this machine for this long on just skype installation, it think its really not worth the price! im still, hopeful that maybe noka support will send me some tip which might could resolve the problem.

Registered Member
mahinrasheed

unable to install skype on my Nokia E5-00

pls help me...i tried all the solutions tat u people provided...pl help

Registered Member
thaman343

can i get skype for nokia e5
Community Manager
tiny_chef

Can you try to restore factory settings first on the phone first before installing the application?

Go to Menu > Ctrl. panel > Settings> General> factory settings . The default security code is 12345 unless you have changed it.

You can use Nokia Suite to create backup file to ensure security and avoid data loss.

Final Banner
Registered Member
OmairMughal

Most of the E5 phones there is an error at the end of installations which is The `update error`

This issue can be fixed by going to Nokia PC Suite > Application Manager and uninstalling a piece of software called `APSServer` & `VoipAudioSrv`.

After that, the installation of Skype should succeed and the removed applications will be re-installed.

Read more: "update error" while installing skype on Nokia E5? - There was a problem with the installation of the device on skype nokia e52 :: Ask Me Fast at http://adf.ly/Jv2gz

Registered Member
OmairMughal

Most of the E5 phones there is an error at the end of installations which is The `update error`

This issue can be fixed by going to Nokia PC Suite > Application Manager and uninstalling a piece of software called `APSServer` & `VoipAudioSrv`.

After that, the installation of Skype should succeed and the removed applications will be re-installed.

Read more: "update error" while installing skype on Nokia E5? - There was a problem with the installation of the device on skype nokia e52 :: Ask Me Fast at http://adf.ly/Jv2gz
Registered Member
heyyoge3

hiussainhy I have nokia E5 AND i WAS TRYING TO INSTALL SKYPE ON IT . But failed .can you help me on afaire please
Registered Member
Great123

I am trying to install skype from Ovi Store but the end of the installation it says installation failed Its very errited me how to solved this plz send me the solution ASAP