Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Internet Radio for Symbian not working -Has it bee...

Counsellor
ymmv

Re: Internet Radio for Symbian not working -Has it been discontinued?

[ Edited ]

deadkenny wrote:

However if you can't get 31.023 yet or don't want it, try this guide which has a simple installer. It worked great for me. Don't know which version it is though.

Thanks, the version in your link is iRApp_S60_323_1_16.SIS, same as I used. It is the version Nokia offers for the E75.

As I said - it works, but not really great :smileywink:

E72-1, product code 0586718, firmware 022.007
Please use plain text.
Advisor
bobbai

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I've just upgraded to the 31.023 firmware and have noticed that Internet Radio has been added, but it doesn't allow me to change the default access point which is set to "Always Ask".

Can you check if it allows you to change this value?

I upgraded earlier and got an "Update Failed" message at the very end of the process, although the Device manager on the phone says I'm on the latest firmware realease and everything else appears to be working fine. I did try re-installing a few times but keep getting the "Update Failed" message at the very end.

Cheers,

Bob

Please use plain text.
Sage

[ Edited ]

Hi,

It lets me change the access point, and it shows the Destinations groups as choices too.

I also got "update failed" at the end of the update process. I think all was okay though as the phone had flashed and then booted up fine, some wizards popped up and the Psiloc app came on automatically for some reason and then the whole phone just immediately shut down. I don't think the NSU process expects it to do that, and it was probably just waiting for a response from the phone and never got it, so threw up this error. Everything seems to be in place from what I can tell.

E72-1 UK CV 052.005
Please use plain text.
Sage

[ Edited ]

ymmv wrote:

There is no official download for internet radio for the E72. But you can install several install packages for other phones directly from Nokia [1] and they will work. Among those are:

• iRApp_S60_323_1_16.SIS
  • iRApp_S60_32_1_16.SIS
  • iRApp_S60_31_1_16_landscape.SIS
  • iRApp_S60_31_1_16_landscape_upgrade.SIS

In program manager all will show as "Internet Radio Version 1.16(0)". So after install there is no way to tell which version exactly is on the phone.

Shortly I tried iRApp_S60_31_1_16_landscape. It will not use "destinations" but gives more options as it shows all access points as well as "search for WLAN". I had some problems making it connect at all so I installed iRApp_S60_323.

iRApp_S60_323 will use "Destinations" and does work in general. Switching applications (especially those using internet access) will interrupt the sound. Sometimes the FM radio will not work after using internet radio until the phone is restarted.

When the WLAN connection is not excellent, I have a lot of drop-outs or the internet radio station is disconnected and will not connect again. A SC group (SC 1.3.6) will not connect when there is already another WLAN connection, even if the connection is part of this SC group.

After starting the application on the screen where to choose internet or FM radio the left soft-key has the battery icon above it (while it does “select”) and the right soft-key says select (but does “exit”). The word “exit” is on the upper-right corner of the screen.

So internet radio on E72 works, but being rather picky about the connection (i.e. much more than a E51 at the same position) I am not really happy with it.

[1] http://europe.nokia.com/ovi-services-and-apps/music-/internet-and-fm-radio/internet-radio

Not very sure but I think Internet Radio may not be supported on some product codes of the E72 (at least I tried downloading all the above files and ran them on my E72 with firmware 23.002 and the above-mentioned Internet Radio app will try to install and appears to install correctly.) but when I go to the Radio icon, there's only the old Radio icon with no choice for Internet Radio (I've read several instructions from the web on adding Internet Radio on the E72), but after trying lots of times, it just doesn't install properly.

I'm guessing it may be due to my E72's product code.

Anyway, I'll try updating to the f/w 31.023 when it's available for my product code.

Please use plain text.
snabors05

Internet Radio for Symbian not working -Has it been discontinued?

[ Edited ]

The icon for the Internet Radio app was under my Media screen a few weeks ago, and the app worked great...I was listening to Christmas music and stuff.  Well, I wanted to go and listen to some Internet radio On my Nokia E-71, and now the application isn't there.  What in the world happened to it?  I know that I didn't delete it, so, I'm not sure where it went.  Can anyone here help me please?  Thanks for your support!!

Moderator's note: We have provided a subject-related title to help other forum users easily view and respond to this post.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

[ Edited ]

You haven't updated the firmware recently?

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Sage
aet419

[ Edited ]

internet radio is built in application on E71. It cannot be deleted. Look in other folder, if somehow icon has been moved.
If you still not find it, reset your phone to factory default.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

[ Edited ]

aet419 wrote:
internet radio is built in application on E71. It cannot be deleted.
If you still not find it, reset your phone to factory default.

Remember to backup all essential data first before resetting device.

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
n0kia_e5

[ Edited ]

Hi, Everyone:

I'm new here and a new owner of a Nokia E5 running on the Straight Talk Unlimited plan.  I love the phone.  However, I noticed that the Radio option only has a FM selection.  There is no Nokia Internet Radio!

I tried to install Nokia Internet Radio but got this message:  'unable to install component is built in'

Does that mean that it's inaccessible - locked?  And if so why?  It was one of the really cool features I was looking forward to using.

If I cannot access this program can anyone tell me of a substitute.  I already tried Mundu Radio but it doesn't allow me to go to internet radio sites that are not on its pre-set list as I understand Nokia Internet Radio would allow you to do by typing in a URL.

If a substitute Interent Radio Program isn't possible can someone then tell me how I can enable internet web based audio streaming on my E5.  Oftentimes when I go to a site using the built in browser or Bolt or Opera Mini, and click on the websites' listen buttons (with various options such as Real Player, WinAmp, Quicktime, VideoLan Player) none of them work - I don't get any audio.  Is there someway of enabling audio streaming from these sites?

Thanks and hope my questions aren't too stupid, I really don't know how to resolve this.

Moderator's note: The subject was edited as the post was moved to the most appropriate board.

Please use plain text.
n0kia_e5

[ Edited ]

Hi, Everyone:

I'm replying to my own post because I just researched something and found the following file:

S60InternetRadio_240_20110216_30.sisx

at:

http://www.freewaresymbian.net/nokia-e5-00-nokia-mystic-device-1626/radio-tag/s60-internet-radio-get...

It is supposed to be S60 Internet Radio.  Is that a safe file to install?  When I try to install it it say it is from an unknown source and that I should not unless I trust the source.

Please someone reply on this.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ChineseSausage

[ Edited ]

I also have the same problem and I also tried installing the internet Radio application, it says that it is already included and the installation closes. In the meantime, I installed mundu Radio, which is the second best Internet application I have seen for the Nokia E5.

Hope this helps in some way.

Cheers!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
lidervacan

[ Edited ]

I have the same problem on my nokia e5 besides if I had the application and then just disappeared, to use but not after what has happened

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
thetao

[ Edited ]

You can get Internet Radio officially from Nokia at http://europe.nokia.com/apps-maps-and-more/music-old2/internet-radio .  Click the link for Step 2.  I downloaded and installed the 5320 XpressMusic version for my E73.  But if you can't install the other version on your phone, this one likely won't help you.

BTW, Internet Radio works, but isn't that great.  Its biggest shortcoming is that it doesn't understand .pls or .m3u files, which are typically at the heart of .mp3 streaming.  There's a workaround, but it's annoying.

Would anybody with this problem like to install NetQin Mobile Guard (free) from http://www.netqin.com/en/guard/symbian/ and then use its File Manager feature to look for InternetRadio.exe in either C:\SYS\bin or Z:\SYS\Bin ?  If you find it, highlight the file and press the big scroll key.  (If Internet Radio runs, I don't expect there will be side effects, but I take no responsibility if there are...)  I don't appear to have Psiloc World Traveler installed on my E73 (thankfully!) but can find it and run it from the Z: drive.

If you installed Internet Radio, but then it disappeared, that may be a different mystery. :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
k4em

[ Edited ]

I have problem with Internet radio application on Nokia N78, it displays "Feature not supported". This phone has excellent sound output and I was using a lot this application but I don't know how this application is not working anymore. I tried more radio internet applications for this phone but none of them was working, possibly something went wrong with the phone SW. I also tried to update the SW but it says "no updates available"
Anybody knows how to recover internet radio application or had some similar problem?!
Thanks

Moderator's note: The subject was edited as the post was moved to the most appropriate board.

Please use plain text.
labzRus

[ Edited ]

E7 has been updated successfully to Belle and is working well. I re-downloaded the internet radio app from the Ovi store. After a month of flawless operation, yesterday it would not connect to the server for the BBC World Service.  The only advice I could find in the Nokia discussions (Europe only) was to do a hard reset after backing up blah blah etc . To me that seems too extreme for a little app.

So I uninstalled the app & re-downloaded from the Ovi Store.  The only link that works is from VPR and that is my question. Has the Nokia server blocked the service direct from the BBC or could it be ATT? Why is VPR the only current link that seems to work in the USA?

Moderator's note: We have provided a subject-related title to help other forum users easily view and respond to this post.

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Iris9290

[ Edited ]

Hi labzRus,

Welcome to the Nokia forum.

This should work, so if reinstalling the application hasn't resolved the issue, I would really recommend to hard reset the phone and to then reinstall the software to fix the issue.

Make sure you make a back up with Nokia Suite first by going to Tools > Back up. Don't tick the Settings box as this will backup the bug that's causing this. Once you've made the backup, enter *#7370# into your phone and default security code 12345, unless you've changed this code yourself. 

Once the phone has rebooted, reconnect it to Nokia Suite and update or reinstall the current software to make sure you really get rid of all possible bugs. You can do this by clicking on the green arrow in Nokia Suite. 

After you've done the above, place the backup back onto your phone by going to Tools > Restore in Nokia Suite.

Let me know if this doesn't work so that I can troubleshoot further, if necessary.

Iris9290

If my post has helped you in any way, please accept it as a solution or click on the white star, so that other users will be able to benefit from it too.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
prashantj

[ Edited ]

Hi All,

I am using Nokia E5 from 2 months , till yesterday I was using Internet radio, but suddunly it stop

If I click on internet radio, Its says " no Network connection"

When i go to option--> setting and after clicking on setting no responce is there , meaning nothing is happening

other internet related apps working fine

Please guide me

thanks in advance

PrashantK

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Iris9290

[ Edited ]

Hi prashantj,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Nokia forum!

Assuming you are using the pre installed application, please reset the device and perform a software update. Doing so will clear up any problems you're experiencing with the application.

Connect your phone with Nokia Suite and go to Tools > Back up to create a back up of your phone's data. Make sure you don't tick the Settings box. Once you've made the back up, disconnect your phone from Nokia Suite and enter *#7370# into your phone and default security code 12345, unless you've changed this code yourself.

When the phone has rebooted, reconnect the phone with Nokia Suite and click on the green arrow to update the phone's software. If no update is listed, please reinstall the current software. This option is displayed in blue.

Once the phone has been updated, go to Tools > Restore to restore the back up onto your phone. This will clear up any issue you have with the application.

If you are using a third party internet radio application, please delete and reinstall the application.

Let me know if you manage to resolve the issue, otherwise I can provide further support.

Iris9290

Moderator's note: The subject was edited as the post was moved to the most appropriate board.

If my post has helped you in any way, please accept it as a solution or click on the white star, so that other users will be able to benefit from it too.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
prashantj

[ Edited ]

Hi,

Thanks you very much , for support you provided , I appreciate this quick help, Its working fine now.

Regards

Prashant J

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
sonnah3

[ Edited ]

Thankyou

Please use plain text.