Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Internet radio was working fine, now always times ...

Sage
AlanWatson

Internet radio was working fine, now always times out

I am trying to use Internet radio V 2.02(0) on my Nokia C5-03, which runs S60 5th Edition. I( mostly use it over my home WLAN, and also sometimes over other WLANs, but not using GPRS.

It worked fine until Friday March 18 when it started dropping the connection. It did this so often, no matter which station l tried, and despite the fact that other internet services worked fine on my phone and on my PC that I tried reinstalling the software.

However, I now get a time out whenever I try to do anything, even check lists of available stations. Unlike an earlier post, the timeout does not come immediately, only after I have chosen how to connect to the internet and then after some delay.

I can still get internet radio on my phone using Real Player, just not with the Nokia software.  I am wondering whether the Nokia Internet Radio streams, and the station lists, go through a central server somewhere, and whether this has a problem.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Alan Watson

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Re: Internet radio was working fine, now always times out

Updated yesterday and since then having the same problem on my Nokia 5800xm...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
arwel

Have just downloaded this app to my X6 today and get exactly the same problem with the time out message. It appears to be searching for stations but never completes.

Please use plain text.
nicop

Also the same on my 5800xm (at least on WLAN)... Just after updating!

Please use plain text.
Professor
kurtkaufman

Have you been able to discover where the problem lies? I have the same problem with an n79.
Please use plain text.
Professor
kurtkaufman

Coreplayer opens mp3 radio streams and plays them without problems, so the problem does seem to be the Nokia Internet Radio app itself. I hope it gets fixed, but I'm not holding my breath.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

farby wrote:

Updated yesterday and since then having the same problem on my Nokia 5800xm...

In fact.. after re-booting the phone I do not have any problems now...

Please use plain text.
Professor
kurtkaufman

Seems to have corrected itself today...I think it might have something to do with the Internet settings. I changed them back-and-forth, and then re-started the phone. We'll see.
Please use plain text.
Sage
AlanWatson

My internet radio has not been working for the past eight hours or so. I assume that no-one in Nokia takes care of the servers outside Finnish office hours.

How do I get through to someone at Nokia to sort this recurrent problem out?

Please use plain text.
Sage
AlanWatson

And again not working for several hours. I am 100% sure the problem is with the Nokia server. Nokia really needs to sort this out.
Please use plain text.
Sage
AlanWatson

Worked for a few minutes today then cut out. Now, as usual, no stations working, and even station listing unavaliable.

This continual failure is unacceptable. Nokia needs to get its act togther and sort it out.

Please use plain text.