Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Java (JAR) application support on Nokia 6350 phone...

Java (JAR) application support on Nokia 6350 phone ? How to install and run a Java program ?

Hi. I have the Nokia 6350 phone. The mfg page says "Add Java applications and customize with downloads from At&T MEdia Mall (Answer Tones / games / graphics / themes)"

I've written a small Java swing GUI that extends JFrame and runs fine on my laptop. I want to import this app to my phone. 

I sent the JAR file over using Nokia PC Suite with no problem.

When I try and click on the JAR file using my phone, it says "Invalid Application. Delete?"

SO, what went wrong ? Does the phone support swing ? Must I rewrite my program differently ? What must I change ?

It's a simple GUI anesthesia calculator.  Any help is appreciated.  Never written anything for a phone before, but with Java being platform independent, and this phone "supporting" Java, I figured this would be easy.

Please help.

Thanks!

Neel

Mobile Overlord
grschinon

Re: Java (JAR) application support on Nokia 6350 phone ? How to install and run a Java program ?

Phones don't implement the full Java specification, only a limited subset of it.

You might find more complete anwers to your queries on the developer forum (http://www.forum.nokia.com). This is a user forum.

Was this post helpful? If so, please click on the white "Kudos!" star below. Thank you!