Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Joikuspot (free) and Android Devices

Sage

Joikuspot (free) and Android Devices

Hello,

I want to get a tablet.  Thinking of Android...but  I tried to use my N8 with Joikuspot free at an electronics store with a bunch of tablets. All worked except for Android devices, Ipads and some other no name brands with proprietary OS tablets found it and it worked.  All laptops also found it.  But no Android tablets or phones in the area detected it.

One Android device foun it (Jellybean) but would not connect.

I read that Android does not support Ad Hoc connections which Joikuspot provides.

I tried some Android forums, but they either had a Bluetooth solution (too slow) or they said try the Nokia forums.

Besides Joikuspot - any other Wifi hotspot apps?  Would Joiku Spot full work - anyone have it and try it with and Android device?

Anyone have suggestions?

Thanks,

V

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Joikuspot is adhoc only regardless of version. I woud strongly recommend getting the paid version if are are planning on using it in public places. I remember using the free Lite version in a shopping centre once and had multiple unknown devices connected within seconds. 

I am not aware of any other tethering solutions for symbian.

Please use plain text.
Professor
andy3196

It does seem to be possible to make android work with ad-hoc wifi. Search for "android ad-hoc wifi" - but it does seem to carry quite a highrisk of causing problems. I could try it out on my tablet, but it is unstable enough as it is so I don't want to risk making it even worse.

I wish it was possible to install Symbian onto my android tablet, but failing that I think I will soon be jumping ship to apple - influenced somewhat by the idea of a display that will do the 808 pictures justice.
N8-00 pc059C9F6 Belle
808 PureView pc059P6W5
Please use plain text.
Sage

Thanks!

If I can get it to work (hacking my tablet as it is a Android thing), I definitely will!

Please use plain text.
Sage

There is a lot of info on tablet hacking. It actually reflects bad on Android. I think the N9 has an infrastructure hotspot. And then of course there is the Lumia 920 - which I am seriously considering....if it ever comes to Canada.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
livio

You need to set the same IP gateway address in tablets as it says in JoikuSpot settings in phones. and it will work
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
livio

if your android recognize joiku Ad Hoc connections You need to set up the same IP gateway address in tablets as it says in JoikuSpot settings in phones. and it will work

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Guido1977

Very interesting.

But I don't manage to find Joikuspot gateway address on my old E51.

Any hint?

Thank u

--

Guido

Please use plain text.