Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Lost apps when updated to nokia belle.

rencruz21

Lost apps when updated to nokia belle.

after I updated my nokia n8 to belle, some of my applications and games are gone but the memory of my phone is the same as if it doesn't lost any apps. Is there any way to retrieve/locate them?

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Raoul_Duke

[ Edited ]

Hi Rencruz21,

Thank you for your message.

As Nokia Belle is a new OS a lot of applications aren't still compatible yet.

You can check what is compatible and re-download your apps by using the Nokia store client, logging in into your account and downloading the apps which are compatible under my stuff. You can check this by setting your device and then setting the operating system you are using in the Nokia store client. This will then filter out all the non compatible applications.

For applications you used to have and are currently not compatible please contact the developer for news on when any updates will be available.

I regards to your memory on your phone this is due to the fact that the Nokia Belle update and OS is significantly larger in size than any of the previous operating system so this may explain that.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Raoul_Duke

If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
aresmay

yeah but that doesnt make sense how could be possible that I have the same space I have before and the SO installs on the C memory not in the E or D?

Please use plain text.
meme3101

all my other apps and games are gone too after updating my c7 to belle. but my mass and card memory is still the same before and after the update. and i can't uninstall them either, because their are not in the "Already installed" in Settings. how can we recover or uninstall the MISSING APPS??? please help us FIX this problem NOKIA!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
DeaN8

I purchased Joikuspot Premium. After updating to Belle, it is no longer on my phone, or in my download history. However, when I toggle my device to and from n8 in the nokis store, I am told that Joikuspot is not compatible with my device. However, the Joikuspot website clearly states that Joikuspot works with Anna and Belle.

Please use plain text.
crwl

[ Edited ]

How much larger is Belle exactly? I have over 3 gigabytes missing and i can'f figure out where they are - when i check the Properties of Mass memory in Win 7, i see 10,9 gb used, but when i select all in the root folder (hidden folders included) and check the Properties, their size is only 7.43 gb. If Belle takes up 3 and a half gigabytes, its comparable to some desktop OS'es.

Please use plain text.
Perusnormaali

Hi,

actually there seems to be a genuine problem here (not just an limited issue with some programs not being combatible). I have also heard many others complaining about this in various forums. I personally had 50+ 3rd party apps installed, 90% of them on drive E. After the update I have 6 of them left. I've lost for example all of my games (PES2011, Angrybirdsx3, Tank Hero, Rally Master, GT racing, Need for Speed, Sims 3, Incredible circus, Dungeon Hunter... the list would just go on because I think I had around 30 games). The funny/sad thing is that there is no additional space left on the E-drive. This probably means that the games and other programs are actually still there but there is no link to them within the system left so the phone does not know about them... Any ideas how to remedy the situation, to get rid of the program data (hopefully without wiping out the whole phone) or to preferably to get the apps back?

BTW. I noticed that during the update process the Nokia Suite only backed up my various personal data (calendar, contacts etc), but did not list any program data as an backup item - could this be the reason why some are experiencing this...

PLEASE ACKNOWLEDGE THE PROBLEM AND FIND A SOLUTION!

Please use plain text.
crwl

OK, when connecting the N8 in Mass Storage mode i found out that the Private folder takes up the missing space. Is it safe to delete it?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Carchathoth

The same problem here. For example I had that Angry Birds full version, which Nokia gave out in 30 day gift period. Now it's gone and can't get it back.

Another intresting thing is, that when I look at E: drive, there is:

Nokia_Belle

Nokia_Belle(2)

So all that stuff is in there twice and taking space...Can I remove second one?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
aresmay

hey man, connect your phone via mass storage, then look for the folder sys/ bin, I found here my apps but dont know what to do next maybe you can...

Please use plain text.
Advisor
fido87456

[ Edited ]

I upgraded from Anna to Belle last night,  and also lost most of my apps...  Perhaps instead of saying 'install Nokia Belle it is a massive improvement' they should have said 'Warning, lots of your apps may not be compatible, install Nokia Belle at your own risk...'

I'll persevere for a while, but may end up putting anna back on my phone (N8-00), presuming that's even possible...

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
meegja

[ Edited ]

Same here and it's double trouble :smileysad:

1) Apps I paid for are not on the phone anymore. They are just gone! No warnings that apps are not compatible. No, just overwrite it all and don't care if customers loose apps. Nice going Nokia!!

2) Ovi STILL has the bug where you can not re-download apps you paid for. It shows me my purchased apps but that's it. Can not re-download.

In other words: double screwed. Ah no, tripple screwed: lot of Belle widgets are 100% poorly designed :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
arasgint

have lost most part of applications intalled over the last year too... more than 300... so sad that nokia guys don't care about this important thing... where now i supposed to get them back??? how long it will take??? and looks like it's not deleted, slill remains on memory hidden somewhere... ahhhh, update is late and there is still too much bad things done... 

have made big mistake with that stupid update... hate nokia, next  phone gona buy will be any brand, but not nokia for sure!!!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
uchiha

I think your absolutely correct. I lost my images,videos,music,apps.. Etc and my memory is still the same as before the update. Also i noticed the backup does not properly save the files on the E drive. And I recently found that the files are intact because I send a file over bluetooth to my phone, and all the recieved files before the update are all there meaning the update actually loses some code or something in order to access the files. If Nokia can find a patch to fix this all the files should be restored.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
fido87456

While trying to fix my sleeping screen problem, I stumbled accross a solution to my missing apps.  I disconnected the memory card and then re-ran the Nokia Belle installation from Nokia Suite.  Lo and behold, all my apps that were lost have reappeared this time.  I guess something about the memory card was confusing the Belle installation process. 

Sadly my sleeping screen still doesn't work, but at least I have all my games back!

I hope it works for a few other people too! :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
LionelMessi

Same here. After the update, I've lost most of my apps and games. But then after I reboot my phone, there is an auto-installation for my apps. After the installation it says not all apps are installed. Then I checked, some of the apps finally appear while some of them are still missing. Therefore I tried to reboot a few times after that but there are no more auto-installation since then. I'm wondering why my phone memory still has the same space and not more. :/

Please use plain text.
Contributor
aresmay

guys you just need to re-install your apps and games they will not use new memory and in your games you will not lose your savegames
Please use plain text.
Contributor
dr4x31

aresmay wrote:
guys you just need to re-install your apps and games they will not use new memory and in your games you will not lose your savegames

If only we could install all of the old games for free. I can't reinstall any of the "free games" I got e.g. from the Nokia summer event and even worse I also can't install many of the games I purchased and which are still available in the store AND also compatible with Belle without having to pay for them, again (Astroller, Sparkle, Monopoly HD, etc.)! Of course, I had all apps only installed once before, so there should be 9 installations left for all of them ...

Also I was surprised that during the firmware update the mass memory was not backuped as it was the case in all old updates.

Unfortunately, I can't execute the remove/reinsert mass memory E: trick as it is not removable in my N8. But as this trick works for other phones and because many users didn't loose any of their apps on E. during the update I am quite sure that there should be an easy way to trigger the phone to recheck for the old apps. But unfortunately, Nokia doesn't seem to care about this problem.

Please use plain text.
LionelMessi

[ Edited ]

The problem is that we have so many apps we couldn't remember which apps are missing & which apps we have to reinstall. Hope Nokia looks into it asap.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
HesaDude

[ Edited ]

I got same problem too with my N8. Some apps are also visible as icons but i found that ALL are actually shown as installed in Settings->Installations->Installed (freely translated). But "naturally" there is no way to add an shortcut/icon from that list, or to reinstall it easily.

And, when i tried to go into Ovi app it demands that i update to version -- and its installer starts but fails towards the end displaying black screen shorlty before disappearing. I've tried many times. And according to log it is Installed but it keeps saying i need new version. Maybe it's because, when i earlier went to a web like in ovi.com, it sillily enough asked me to install some 2.x version of ovi!

Also, i hope that when i reinstall the apps from Ovi, it won't charge again for the paid ones which at least the Nokia suite lists for me.

PS. It's possible that the fix i found to nonfunctional WLAN, resetting the phone data+restore from pre-upgrade backup, has caused aditional corruption. And btw, i'm far from sure Belle is better -- it's still slow and weblets have bad design with too much space around them and, so far, no resize opion. And calendat weblet show only one appointment (but at least it isn't repeating like in Anna : "you have meeting on Thursday" + "thu 1.2 meeting..." :smileywink:

Hope Nokia will test future updates better next time... and advice us how to for instance get shortcuts/icons back.

Update: Now, trying to get Ovi App work, i accepted to install the 2.x version. It succeded but now the app goes stays in Loading... (forever it seems). Can this be installed via USB?

Please use plain text.