Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Maximum number of download attempts reached

Sage
evildragon

Maximum number of download attempts reached

I am stuck with this error, trying to update the app Brightness Control that I paid for some time ago.  It keeps erroring out.

I am on the latest software, have 8GB free and am going to the 16GB storage device.  I contacted Nokia but literally offered ZERO help, they flat out ignored what I said.

I want to update what I legally paid for.

Please use plain text.
Sage
evildragon

Re: Maximum number of download attempts reached

Oh, and other apps download and install just fine, so it's ONLY this one.
Please use plain text.
Sage
evildragon

Anyone?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Use the Support -->Contact Us tabs at the OVI Store site and provide all details with Transaction ID.. You should receive a link for fresh download..

Please use plain text.
Sage
evildragon

What transaction ID, I don't have one.. Ovi suite on the phone doesn't give me one.
Please use plain text.
Sage
evildragon

Nothing? I'm already a highly disgruntled Nokia customer. Their customer service has been nothing but horrible, barely even reading what I write, and I never even got the email that I was supposed to have with some transaction ID.

So now I'm royally screwed and can NOT re-download this app.
Please use plain text.
Sage
evildragon

Here's proof.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v395/Evilweredragon/00.png

As you can see, I DID purchase it as it's in My Stuff.

But this is what I get when I try to reinstall it, or update it (I removed it from my phone and now can't even reinstall it).

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v395/Evilweredragon/01.png

Once again, Nokia support is giving me a **bleep**ing headache by giving me the run around. I want support from this god damned company. After all this I don't even want the **bleep**ing phone anymore, and nothing to do with Nokia, but I sure as hell either want my money back, or the app I paid for.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

First of all, let me inform you that this is a User-to-User Forum where users try to help out each other..

Didn't you receive a mail with your transaction details ? Refer the attachment as received by me for a purchace on OVI Store. What I meant by Transaction ID is the Receipt No. Try contacting the OVI Store Support with these details and hope the issue will be resolved..

Please use plain text.
Sage
evildragon

Nokia never sent me an email like that, ever.. And I only have one email address..
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Thats something ODD I feel..because I always received such mails for every purchase I made...

Please use plain text.
Professor
cataholic

I also always get an email with the transaction details and receipt as well .

Have you included your email address in your Ovi Store account registration details so they have somewhere to send the email to?

Please use plain text.
Sage
evildragon

Yes, I did. They finally, after tens of emails back and forth, escalated it..

So they DO see i purchased it, but now it looks like for whatever reason, it never "truly" authenticated it.
Please use plain text.
Sage
archie_

Got the same problem with Joikuspot Premium. One format after the initial purchase and the software is no longer attached to my account.
Symbian connected me to the world, to my dreams.. Thank-you Nokia
Please use plain text.