Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Microsoft Lync on c6-01 belle

butete
Accepted Solution

Microsoft Lync on c6-01 belle

how do i close microsoft lync? it's draining my battery..

is it okay if i delete it?

help please.. thank you!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Krabbat

I deleted it from my C7-00 (Belle) and I did not recognize any Problem.

It was very annoing because it always startet when I startet the Phone.

But you can also close it every time using the task manager (push the menue button for a few seconds, then you see als tasks opened and you can close those you do not want do run).

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Oje1

I also find this program very annoying.  First, there is nothing that says what this program is or what it's for.  Do I need it on my phone?  It starts when the phone starts.  I have to close it every time I start the phone.  VERY annoying.  There is no option for not starting the program when the phone starts. 

If I don't need it, is it ok just to delete it?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Thenewbie

i ve doubt in that.. After uninstalling, sw update shows microsoft apps again.. I ve doubt tht if i dont install this, will m able to update belle in future??
If you want to thank someone, just click on the BLUE STAR at the bottom of their post
Please use plain text.
Professor
Vaidovesta

Microsoft Apps are Business apps to be honest, so I don't see why you should keep them, besides, they eat up a whole lot of space, so get rid of them if you aren't using them. And you'll be able to get future updates, with or without installing them.

Only waiting for the MS Office package.....

Cheers.

N8-00,Galaxy Tab 10.1
Please use plain text.
Technical Expert
svi78

Removing Microsoft Lync from Installed applications is ok, and you can keep and use others.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
timkamat

Microsoft apps is an optional update. It has nothing to do with any other updates on offer. You can install those updates as and when you wish.
In Love With My C6-01:Now running on Nokia Belle!
Please use plain text.