Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Misleading advertising on Nokia website re. ap...

Advisor

Misleading advertising on Nokia website re. appiclations available for Nokia 603 in Nokia Store

I've just updated to a Nokia 603 and discovered that a number of important apps are not available for it. eg. Swype and Sports Tracker. These apps are shown on the features page of the Nokia 603 website (http://europe.nokia.com/find-products/devices/nokia-603/features), but when you click on the app's picture it takes you to the Nokia Store and says "Sorry, this item is not available for the Nokia 603" (having already selected Nokia 603 in the Nokia Store). If I change the phone selector on the Nokia Store to other Symbian Belle phones such as Nokia 700 or 701, there's no problem.

What's going on here? Will these apps become available for the Nokia 603?

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Re: Misleading advertising on Nokia website re. appiclations available for Nokia 603 in Nokia Store

Here's a screen shot of the Nokia Store.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Re: Misleading advertising on Nokia website re. appiclations available for Nokia 603 in Nokia Store

Definitely something misleading and confusing...but it seems the PICTURE is only symbolic and means that there are applications you can download from the Nokia Store...(not necessarily that are shown there). When you connect the phone to PC and open Nokia Suite.. these may not be visible on the home screen but ONLY those compatible with the phone in subject.

Please use plain text.
Advisor

The pictures of Swype and Sports Tracker applications shown on the Nokia 603 features page are not only symbolic of the different applications available to the Nokia 603 user. They also link directly to the application page in the Nokia Store. It's only when you specify that your phone is a Nokia 603 that the Nokia Store says that these applications aren't available for the Nokia 603.

Swype and Sports Tracker are available for the Nokia 700 and 701. Surely these two phones are running the same software (and mostly the same hardware) as the Nokia 603. Why doesn't the 603 get to run the same software as the other two Symbian Belle phones?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

What if you try the one available under Nokia 700 ? After selecting Nokia 700..select the application and send the link SMS to your phone. Download and see if it gets installed.. and work correctly. You may un-install it if it doesn't..

Please use plain text.
Advisor

That's a really good idea, but when I tried to download Swype or Sports-Tracker I got the message: "This app cannot be downloaded on your PC. Please use our service on the left so that we can provide you with a link to download this app on your phone."

The really crazy thing about this is that my old Nokia C5-03 (Symbian s60v5) can install and run Sports-Tracker but my brand new Symbian Belle Nokia 603 can't...

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

..and if you use the other option ? i.e. send the link to your Phone..

Please use plain text.
Advisor

As soon as I click on the link in the sms message on my phone and the phone links in to the Nokia Store, the Nokia Store knows that I have a Nokia 603 and gives me a message: "This item is no longer available for download from Nokia Store"

Please use plain text.
Advisor

I've just had partial success though. Nokia Beta Labs has a copy of Swype available for download. I've downloaded it and it seems to be working fine. I'll keep you updated about how it goes.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Good to know that...

Please use plain text.