Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: N8 : Is There An Angry Birds Save File?

Professor
greycounciller
Accepted Solution

N8 : Is There An Angry Birds Save File?

I want to reinstall the firmware on my N8, but don't want to lose all the levels I've done on Angry Birds. (Took weeks!!)

Is there some kind of Save file I can copy so that when I do the reinstall, I can copy the completed ones back?

Jurassic Park, Sam Neill to Dickie Attenborough " Mr. Hammond, the phones are working !"
N8-00 Tesco UK 059C951, Lumia 920
Please use plain text.
Professor
babis3g

[ Edited ]

i dont know to suggest any way but if you just reinstall the firmware with out performing hard reset then you will not lose the levels
if you perform reset then yes you will loose it

in both cases you need to do full back up via pc and ovi suite(back up via phone file manager it only back up contacts and files so no video or games)

it may help

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
pavilion_alex

do a full backup when prompt by ovi suite, and then reinstall the firmware.
you won't lose the levels of the game.
Greece Nokia X6 RM-559 v40.0.002
Please use plain text.
Professor
greycounciller

I'm sure I've tried both methods previously and still ended up with having to start from afresh. Has anyone tried it that can confirm this?
Jurassic Park, Sam Neill to Dickie Attenborough " Mr. Hammond, the phones are working !"
Please use plain text.
Professor
babis3g

i am sorry i can not answer more but to me i have just reinstalled 2 times the software (with out perfoming reset) and all levels at the games are the same
Please use plain text.
Professor
greycounciller

ok. What I basically want to do is just a simple reinstall from Ovi suite. No hard or soft reset required. I've done it a few times before and each time i've lost all the levels on this game. Can't be bothered to do all the levels again so wondered if I could pick apart the game with x-plore and see where the file is stored.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Maximilian1st

If you connect your phone using USB mass storage and check on the N8's 16GB memory, you will see a folder called Resource and inside that folder another one called apps.

Check in that latest folder and you will see files for angry birds and other apps.

Honestly, I never tried to copy these along and see if that brings back my scores.

Please use plain text.
Professor
greycounciller

Ok, that's interesting. Had a quick look with x-plore and saw a few files. What I'll do is try and copy the files then see what happens on a reinstall. Really don't wanna have to play the whole game again for a 3rd time.
Please use plain text.
Professor
greycounciller

OK. Finally took the plunge and tried it this morning.

Did both with Ovi suite, then Nokia Software Updater.

All my settings etc stayed the same and the phone has not returned to it generic 059C951 state.

All completed game levels are there and it's still unbraned as before!!

Only downside it hasn't solved a software problem I have so I may have to make another trip to an NCC

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

greycounciller wrote:

All completed game levels are there and it's still unbraned as before!!

Only downside it hasn't solved a software problem I have so I may have to make another trip to an NCC

Good typo. error but perhaps it remains "unbrained":smileyvery-happy:

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Daren

[ Edited ]

I tried copying my Angry Birds Seasons resource files back in to the E:\resource\apps folder using X-plore after reinstalling the game, but it won't overwrite the files already there.

And when I connect my N8 to my PC I can't even see the resource folder.

Anyone have an idea how I can delete the resource files so I can replace them with my backups?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
4piecekit

Here's what I did.  It was simple, quick, and worked like a charm.

You don't want what is in the RESOURCE folder.  You want the files that are in the PRIVATE folder.

I used QuickInfo.wgz to determine the UID of Angry Birds.  For me, it is 20030e51. 

Then, I connected my N8 to my Mac in USB Mass Storage mode.  I navigated to the drive that has Angry Birds installed (E), then to the PRIVATE folder, then to the folder 20030e51.  I copied the files highscores.lua & settings.lua to my Mac.

I reinstalled Angry Birds fresh and copied those 2 files from my Mac back to E:/private/20030e51 in USB Mass Storage Mode.

I ran Angry Birds and all of my settings and completed levels were restored.

Please use plain text.
Professor
babis3g

thanks for the info,cheers
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Daren

Thanks 4piecekit! I got there eventually!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

In addition to 4piecekit's instructions, here are the other folders for the other Angry Birds games.

2003B2F1 - Angry Birds Rio
2003B220 - Angry Birds Rio FREE
20030E50 - Angry Birds FREE
20030E51 - Angry Birds
20030E52 - Angry Birds Seasons
20030E53 - Angry Birds Seasons FREE
20030E54 - Angry Birds LITE.

All the best.

Ray

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Lloydo3000

Nice one Ray. I'd just like to point out on my N8, Angry Birds Rio was 2003B21F.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

Thanks for the correction. Well spotted.

Ray 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
CrawleySteve

Right people, I need some help.

I've just updated angry birds to v1.6.0. via web update.

Previously I've updated with no problems. This yime however it has wiped out all the save info I had..

I'd completed (3 *'s) on all of stages 1-4, a whole load of stage 5 (think I only had 4-5 left to get) and almost all the golden eggs.

Now, everything is literally the same as the day i 1st installed it.. Stages 2 & above are all locked..

Would anybody out there be willing to send me a .rar of their gamesave if it's anything like what I had? I'll even be happy if all the stages are unlocked!

PM me if you can help! Please? :smileywink:
Please use plain text.
Contributor
CrawleySteve

Oh wow.. You know what, never mind.

Just out of curiousity, I kept my google search for a savefile, and noticed the iPhone version of the games also use settings.lus & highscores.lua..

As I had nothing to lose, I thought I'd give it a go, and ya know what? It bloody worked!

Happy face :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
CrawleySteve

OK, I take it all back..

So there I was, checking out the new levels and easter eggs. Then the game crashes. I restart, and although all the levels are unlocked, all the high scores have gone..

Not the end of the world I know, but if anyone wouldn't mind sending me a Nokia gamesave I'd be very grateful.
Please use plain text.