Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

N95 8GB and the OVI Store

Advisor
errr_

N95 8GB and the OVI Store

I am unable to get any apps from the OVI store using my N95 8GB phone with the latest firmware that the OVI desktop could install on my phone. When I visit store.ovi.mobi on my phone it tells me that the device is currently not supported on the site... Whats going on with that?

http://errr-online.com
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
coolbelief

Re: N95 8GB and the OVI Store

it works perfectly for me.

Download Ovi Store app instead "When I visit store.ovi.mobi on my phone"
Previous Phones: 6600, 7610, 6230, 6230i, 1100, 1112, N70, N73, N95, N95 8GB, 5800XM, 5230, C5, iPhone 3GS, SE Xperia X10, N900, N8, SE Xperia Arc

Current Phones: Nokia N9, iPhone 4
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
phonehacker

you can download the Ovi store app through "Download!" app.

If you want to thank someone, just click on the blue star at the bottom of their post

Please use plain text.
Advisor
errr_

How should I go about downloading it when I get the errors I mentioned.. Where can I download the store?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
coolbelief

"you can download the Ovi store app through "Download!" app."
Previous Phones: 6600, 7610, 6230, 6230i, 1100, 1112, N70, N73, N95, N95 8GB, 5800XM, 5230, C5, iPhone 3GS, SE Xperia X10, N900, N8, SE Xperia Arc

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
phonehacker

errr_ wrote:

How should I go about downloading it when I get the errors I mentioned.. Where can I download the store?

i think i'm getting sick:Q

If you want to thank someone, just click on the blue star at the bottom of their post

Please use plain text.
Advisor
errr_

I think I am not making my self clear or somehting..

1. I push the menu button

2, Next I go to Applications.

3. Next to the App. mrg.

4. Next I select Download apps.

5. Next I can select "App Store" (which is pointing to store.ovi.com)

6. Select access point

7. We're sorry Ovi Store is currently not available for your device, Please check back as new devices are being added frequently. You can also visit store.ovi.vom on your PC for help and information about compaitble devices.

Would you please provide some instructions like I have for how to get this store?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
phonehacker

[ Edited ]

There's an app somewhere on your phone which called "Download!"! You can download Ovi Store through this app!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
errr_

There is no such app on my phone. Can you provide the steps to get to this app on your phone the way I did in my post?  

How do you reinstall this "Download!" app if its missing?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
coolbelief

Here is a simple way!

open your browser, go to store.ovi.mobi and download Ovi Store Application.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
errr_

wow its like you are totally not reading anything Im posting here coolbelief scroll up and read what I am saying.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
coolbelief

I m reading everything very carefully.

You want to Download applications from Ovi store, but Ovi store Browser version is not allowing you to do so.

So is suggested you to get "Ovi Store Application" which is a stand alone application, and has nothing to do with Browser version.
phonehecker suggested you to Download "Ovi Store satnd alone application" via "Download!" app on your phone. and you are not able to find that "Download!" app.

Now i m suggesting you to forget everything, go to store.ovi.mobi with browser and download "Ovi store standalone" application.
Hope u can understand this.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
coolbelief

"Now i m suggesting you to forget everything, go to store.ovi.mobi with browser and download "Ovi store standalone" application."

You are not going to download anything FROM ovi store but the "Ovi Store Application" itself.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
errr_

ugh... If I visit this site on my phone or on a PC in any brower (firefox, ie, chrome, and opera) on my PC I get this error: http://twitpic.com/1zl7dq

I get this same error on my phone using the default web browser and opera.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
errr_

I went into the OVI desktop and went to update, where it told me I was up to date. I noticed a place that said I could click to reinstall the firmware if I was having problems. I decided to do that. I did nto restore my backup after I completed this process, I now have that "Download!" app it is currently updating the catalog list, and I will report back if I have success or not. Thank you all for you help thus far in this matter.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
coolbelief

Looks like i misunderstood something here right from start! Sorry for that.:smileysad:

Anyways on PC its normal.

Have you installed any Browser identity changing software? there is an app which changes Browser id, so the websites think its an iphone or BB. (I can't recall its name though)   

And did you looked for "Download!" in all folders?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
coolbelief

"I now have that "Download!" app"

"And did you looked for "Download!" in all folders?"

Same time.

So now you have found "Download!" app.

Good Luck for everything next.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
errr_

OK, reinstalling my firmware fixed this problem.

Here is what I think broke it in the first place..

I did an upgrade to the latest firmware, then restored. This applied all my previous settings, and applications, one of them possibly being the previous browser??

This time I just did not restore from the backup, and just resynced my messages and contacts from the ovi desktop. After doing that I just had to go to the main menu and there was the "Download!" icon, then after it refreshed the application list it immediately prompted me to install the ovi store app and now its working perfectly..

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
phonehacker

[ Edited ]

Bravo! You managed to install Ovi Store... Now please give us Kudos(by clicking the green star):smileywink: as we helped you...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
volkswagner

Thank you for posting this solution.  I was in your shoes since Jan 2011.  I finally decided to break down and give it a go... If I did not get OVI working, I would have had a good excuse to get an Android device.  Thanks for saving me some greenbacks and extending the life of my $600 purchase!

Please use plain text.