Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

NOKIA UK PROMOTIONS PRIZE SMS

Registered Member
rabbitrainbow5

Re: NOKIA UK PROMOTIONS PRIZE SMS

just to let you know i received the sms today at 6.03 am and i dont just want to delete and forget it i want nokia to actively do something about this its not bad enough receiving annoying scams in your email but to receive a sms at that time of the morning is obscene do soething nokia

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
duedilligence

This is now bordering on harrasment, they are calling well before 6am and pestering me to send them my details, will someone do somthing about this or I will go to the local press and open up a can of worms that nokia will not like.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

[ Edited ]

It is not nokia that is contacting you so it is impossible for them to stop it. It is scammers that are contacting you and obviously it's impossible for nokia to stop them.

Report the harassment to your network or the police. They may be able to track down the scammers back to the country of origin if they feel it is serious enough.

Nokia do not have control of the networks, the police or the world so there is nothing that nokia can do to stop this as they do not have the ability to find the scammers.  That is a job for the police/networks.

If it was really that easy for big companies to stop scams don't you think they would have all done it many years ago?  Scammers are often clever moving from country to country before they get caught or operating from countries that have no laws to stop them.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ghing

You have won 530,00.00 pounds in the NOKIA Sweepstakes. For claims please send e-mail to nokia_claimscentre@live.com and call: +4470-3593-5920

I recieve also a message on my mobile this morning saying that i won this kind of amount.

i reply them in e-mail,saying/asking if this true and they send me reply with a form attached.

And tell me to fill up and send it back to them...

i did not fill up the form because it looks suspicios and its like scam to me.

thank you and i hope you make action/report it on police.

regards

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Ardnas

Its April 16 2010 and I have just received this scam sms also. I will let as many people know as possible not to respond. How can we stop this I'll sure there are vulnerable people who will be caught.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

[ Edited ]

The only way it will stop is if the scammers get caught or people stop being stupid and falling for the obvious scams. Unfortunately the scammers are usually clever and operate from countries where they know they will be safe from the law.

Just like internet scams and email spam people need to be careful with SMS messages too. Like all things in life if it looks to good to be true then it's nearly always false. In the case of these messages common sense has to be used.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Raman_Minsk

Dear Winner.

Good to hear from you regarding this year NOKIA UK MOBILE I am 
Dr. Philip Hampton
, the cash officer assigned to all winner's of Nokia Mobile Promotion and I wish to congratulate you to have emerged as one of our lucky winner for the Promotion

We happily announce to you the result of the Nokia UK Mobile Lottery draws held  in Essex, United Kingdom. from which All participants were selected randomly from a World Wide Web site through  computer draws system and extracted from over 10,000.00 Mobile companies and personal Email address from which your email address was one of the lucky number in this year nokia uk  mobile promo. Your Email address attached to ticket number: B9564 7560 with serial number 046560 drew the winning numbers 

You are therefore been approved to claim a total sum of 250,000,00.00  (TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY THOUSAND POUNDS STERLING) in cash credited to file EAAL/90801100008308/10.

To begin the verification process of your prize, you are required to fill and send the claims form below in the drafted Application Text in bold and be advice to keep all winnings confidential durring the processing of your claims.

FILL THE FORM AND SEND IT BACK IMMEDIATELLY
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Raman_Minsk

Dr.Philip Hampton
NOKIA MOBILE PROMO OFFICER

Tel:+44 752 963 6313

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Raman_Minsk

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

It's obviously a lie, perhaps you should have read this thread you posted on?

Just delete it and forget about it. Nokia cannot do anything to stop these scammers.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
sweetsugar34

i have recieved an email saying i have won 415,000.00 gbp and i should take 550 pounds($860.00) to western union or any other which is closest to me it sounded all accurate because they have your winning number ,verification number,file number,reference number  and address 2nd floor berkley square house berkley square london wij6bd united kingdom and contact #447***********************************************

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
hadimassa

sweetsugar34 wrote:

i have recieved an email saying i have won 415,000.00 gbp and i should take 550 pounds($860.00) to western union or any other which is closest to me it sounded all accurate because they have your winning number ,verification number,file number,reference number  and address 2nd floor berkley square house berkley square london wij6bd united kingdom and contact #447***********************************************

You're not gonna win anything! Delete the message! All they want is your money!

‡Thank you for hitting the Blue/Green Star button‡

N8-00 RM 596 V:111.030.0609; E71-1(05) RM 346 V: 500.21.009
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
austino

[ Edited ]

please my sister got a message that she have won 95,000 pound sterlings,and she should log in to . pls i want to know if this is true or fraud message.and if it is true what are the steps to take inother to claim the money here in my country Nigeria please i need this repply to be posted to my mail thanks for co-operation.

Personal details removed by a moderator. We kindly ask you not to share your personal contact details or your phone's IMEI number publicly on this forum.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
hadimassa

Delete the message and forget about it.

‡Thank you for hitting the Blue/Green Star button‡

N8-00 RM 596 V:111.030.0609; E71-1(05) RM 346 V: 500.21.009
Please use plain text.
kabui

My friend approached me to assist her to fill in the form because she was sent an sms saying she had won 415000 pounds  fro the NOKIA PROMOTIONS UK 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Destroy the form up and tell her to use some common sense in future! :smileywink:

She has not won anything.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
cathy_18

I RECEIVED THIS message this morning and it say’s that

(Thanks for contributing to our Financial Success)

CONGRATULATIONS!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!

INTERNATIONAL GRANTS/PRIZE AWARD DEPT
REF:N/9421X/05
BATCH:074/05/ZI369.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

NOKIA®! Corporation announces its 2011 NOKIA® Online Lottery Patronage Bonanza.Your e-mail address was attached to ticket number 5647560054188 with Serial Number 5368/02,batch number 074/05/ZI369, lottery Ref Number:N/9421X/05 which drew lucky numbers 07-01-22-37-4548-41 and your e-mail ID consequently won in the 2nd category,you have therefore been approved a lump sum pay out of U$D250,000.00 (Two Hundred and Fifty Thousand United States Dollars).Please note that this online Promotion tagged "Thanks for contributing to our financial Success"was sponsored and organized by the NOKIA® Corporation,UK in view of the Financial benefits NOKIA® has received from its numerous users.

Your assigned claims administrator will immediately commence the process to facilitate the release of your funds as soon as you contact him.For security reasons, you are advised to keep your winning information confidential till your claims is processed and your cash prize remitted to you in whatever manner you deem fit to claim your prize. This is part of our precautionary measure to avoid double claiming or unwarranted abuse of this program.Please be warned.

To file for your claims, please contact your claims administrator:

MR. RICHARD FREEMAN.
REMITTANCE CLAIMS ADMINISTRATOR.
NOKIA® PROMOTIONS UK.
125 Shaftesbury Avenue, London, WC2H 8AD,United Kingdom.
Tel:+44-702-401-8360
Fax:+44-844-774-4690
E-mail:documentations2011@yahoo.co.uk

You are to provide your assigned claims agent via email with the under listed information as soon as possible.Note that it is mandatory you use the email of the claims administrator above to send your response so your can get a response,if you click reply on this message you will not get any response from your claims administrator,therefore you are expected to carefully copy the email address of the claims administrator above and send him your requested information below.

======================================================================
(CLAIMS REQUIREMENTS)

FULL NAMES*
CONTACT ADDRESS*
PHONE NUMBER*
COUNTRY*
EMAIL ADDRESS*
REFERENCE NUMBER*
TICKET NUMBER*
SERIAL NUMBER*
BATCH NUMBER*

Please note,in order to avoid unnecessary delays and complications please remember to quote your reference number and batch numbers in all correspondence with your assigned claims administrator.Furthermore,should there be any change of address do inform your claims admin immediately. Congratulations once again, from all members of staff and thank you for being part of our online promo.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Your Sincerely,
Gisele Chouri (Mrs.).
Notification Officer
NOKIA®!Lottery Promotions.
Copyright ©2011 .

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Delete it, forget about it as it's a blatantly obvious scam that no one can do anything about.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
aninesh6

Hi there, I received a msm regarding same nokia promotion things. Is it fake thing or really people are winning money.

Kind Regards

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Why the Question ? Did you post without reading the complete thread ???

Please use plain text.