Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Network Setup app for Nokia Lumia phones

Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Kosh

Re: Network Setup app

[ Edited ]

Hi all,

You can use this QR code to get the Network Setup app from Marketplace. Press the search button, then the scan icon (it looks like an eye) and point the camera at the screen. Or use your favourite QR scan app.

Hope this helps,

Kosh

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
wendy70

Hello Today I had an update for the network setup up and it is now in the marketplace. But I still cannot send mms or use mobile data. Originally had this problem when I first got the phone but used the network setup app and it worked. Until last all was ok but now it just don't wanna know. Very frustrating paying to use mobile data and mms but cannot use
Please use plain text.
Contributor
GJS1

Re: Network Setup app for Nokia Lumia phones

Thanks, working great and seems to have fixed my issue.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Leo2306

Is this available in Indian Market?

It shows me that app not available in this market.

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Kosh

[ Edited ]

Hi Leo2306,

Thanks for your question.

Unfortunately the Network Setup app is currently not available in India. You can setup an Internet access point by restarting the phone (which will happen when you change SIM anyway). If present on the SIM the internet settings will be read at that time. Else you can setup a custom accesspoint by using the Settings>Mobile network>add apn option.

Hope this helps,

Kosh

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Leo2306

Hi kosh,

I have already done it but it is not working. I can surf internet using UC browser only and that also very poorly. in all other applications, i.e., IE, Market Place, e-mail synchronization, etc., it shows can't access internet error.

The same SIM card is working awesomely in my Galaxy Y with same APN that i have configured in Lumia 610.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Lumia800_bug

[ Edited ]

Hi All,

I am from India and I have nokia lumia 800 which I had just purchased one month back.

I was having 3g connection activated before i had purchased phone.

I put the sim in my new phone and tried to surf interent on phone.But i was amazed that it was not working on phone.I called my operator that 3g is not working on my Nokia lumia 800.They asked me to do restore fatory settings.It started working fine on phone.Then I updated the phone and the same problem again started coming.Internet not working on phone :smileysad:.

I again reset the phone and net again started working.But now I went on roaming and when i returned back to my home internet again not working :smileysurprised: :smileysurprised:..I was really frustated,first i thought it was my operator problem so i purchaed a new connection and tried with that sim to surf internet but gain same problem.

In my phone there is one application defalut application called Network Setup.

I went to Nokia care and shown the problem.They asked me to come next day as they will reinstall the OS again.

I came next day and I checked my phone.Net was working this time.But as soon I opened the Network setup application net stopped working.

Network setup has no other option except about.Nokia care took back handset asking me to come after 10 days.

After 2 days they called me again that your phone is working fine.I went running and this time also i checked the net was working fine but as soon as i opened the newtork setup net stop working.

I told the same thing to service center guy but he told me that it was woking fine on his sim.I asked to put his sim and try.But before putting his sim i asked him to reset the phone.He reseted the phone and putted his sim.

Now i was not amazed to see that net will work.Now i asked him to go to network setup in setting.Again net stopped working.

And one more important thing my friend has got lumia 800 and if i put my same sim in his phone net is working fine and then i tried what is the difference in my phone and his phone i found there is not Network setup application in his phone.I asked him he told me that this type of application never come in his handset.

I dont know how many times i have formated the phone.Nokia sucks big time.Now my phone will go to New Delhi and i dont know what will happen to my phone.And moreover i am not given a backup phone also.

Nokia are you listening?????

Nokia are you aware of this bug.It feels to me that i had wasted my money on smartphone which is not a smart anymore without net.Android rocks in this case sorry to say Nokia..

Mudit Jain

+91-xxxxxxxxxx

Bangalore India

Moderator's note: phone number was removed. It is unwise to publish personal contact information on a public forum.

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Kosh

Hi Lumia800_bug,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the forum.

The Network Setup app is currently not available for India and should not be used. You can setup your internet connection through Settings>mobile network>add apn where you can enter the internet settings for your carrier manually. These settings will override any settings information which is available on a (different) SIM card when inserted so if you switch the SIM card you also have to edit these settings. You should be able to find these settings on the website of your carrier or through their customer support.

When changing SIM cards without having set up this option manually settings will be read from the SIM when restarting after the card has been inserted if these settings are present on the SIM.

When internet is setup and you use an older version of Network Setup which may still be loaded on your phone this will in turn override any manual settings made as describe earlier as well as settings from the SIM. So I would advise you to remove this app and reinstall if a later version becomes available for you (again).

Hope this helps, let us know how you get on.

Kosh

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Lumia800_bug

Hi,

Thanks for the reply but right now my phone is with service center.

But I have one doubt that my friend has also same nokia lumia 800 then why in his phone there is no network setup option is coming and mine handset its coming.I asked him if network setup application was present in his handset by default,he told me no such application was present.

If I remove this app and change sim cards then Net should be working??

But if this application doesnot work for India then why it is present by default?

Regards

Mudit Jain

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
moneyish

Internet not working on my lumia 800 here i am using Idea SIM but due to an internet not work on my cell phone lumia 800. So  i was logged initially complaint into Idea Care but there is no as such issue from idea because the reply of Idea is that if the internet working properly in another handset from same SIM card then it is not operator fault, so you may please contact from your hanset manufacturer care. Please help how can i do ?

Please use plain text.
ashishabe

Hey guys... I'm begging and on my knees and pleading with you... It's been 6 months with the Lumia 800 and sadly I have had as much misery as anything else with it... Now that you have got rid of Network Setup, I am not able to configure my network and none of the apps run !! I am paying a huge bill for a 3G connection every month and it's hardly worth it... I'm imploring you guys to help me out... Your local stores and dealers know nothing and care nothing once the phone is sold... Please help out a Nokia fanboy who is running out of patience and options !! I need a solution now !!
Please use plain text.
Fishface123

Just updated the Network Setup app to 2.6.01 from version 2.5 ???. Network provider talktalk (vodaphone) When using 2.5 the app did not configure the phone correctly but I was able to enter the settings manually and all services worked. Updated Network app to 2.6 and it still does not configure the phone correctly, but, shows the previous settings entered manually, but, MMS has stopped working. The only way to get MMS working is to add an APN (MMS settings) via settings..Mobile network..But then the internet stops working. The usual problem with software, solve one problem and create another. I wish I could go back to version 2.5 of the network setup app, but not sure how?

Please use plain text.
nima6511

This only works for the Windows 7.5.
The UAE Service provider does not support the 3G Data settings on the Lumia 920, and Nokia says its not their problem, and it is something that Etisalat (the provider) must fix. So I am basically left without a data package that I am paying for anyway.
And to make it more painful, I switched from a perfectly working iPhone 5.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Malboo

After trying to setup a Data connection all day with my Nokia 920 found this site with the Network Setup App mentioned tried it and it worked y I was about to return my Phone to the shop a bought it from but I'm now a happey chappie

Please use plain text.
inaj

Good day, I have Nokia Lumia 800 and I need network setup for mms. When will be accessible in Slovenian marketplace?
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
slovenc

Hello im from Slovenia too and on my nokia lumia 800 also doesent work mms. I even dont have the apn settings for mms. i went to my provider and they said that i must go to service company maybee they can solve this problem. i will go there tomorrow. If that is not gonna work then im throwing this phone in to the trash.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
nicoleloveclub1

Hey there,

Any suggestions for a fix for a 520? I have the same problems; not being able to send pictures via text message and I can not download network setup.

Any help would be much appreciated :smileyhappy:

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
paulheu

Settings > access point

When you open the app it will show your carrier most of the times. Just tap to activate or if you do not see your carrier there enter the access point manually.

QR Code generator

---

Click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you or press the 'Accept As Solution' link if I solved your problem..

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
pcsoftgroup

I have Lumia 822 from Verizon. I'm on a long vacation in Yemen and using it on the local cdma carrier named YemenMobile. I'm using it making calls perfectly but I have a problem with the internet as it never worked.

I want any software to fix the settings.

Hope to get some help.
Please use plain text.
SaskCustomer

I am able to click on my active network being "sasktel", however the mms still will not work.  I have tried creating a network with all the correct settings from the sasktel website and everything except mms will work.  I have had this phone for 6 months and have never been able to send or receive picture messages over text.  I has been quite frustrating. 

Please use plain text.