Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nielsen and nokia

Contributor
mintedmoose
Accepted Solution

Nielsen and nokia

I was recently asked by email to join a research program for mobile phone usage.

i lost the link to login and check on my usage. does anybody know the link?

i had to reset my phone and have lost the app so i need to download it again.

Please use plain text.
Sage
imx2

is this u r trying to find...

Nielsen and Nokia

¨Arm yourself because no one else here will save you¨
Please use plain text.
Sumit1109

Can anyone confirm me what benifit we are getting to join this ? after all i have also joined this 2 days ago but still i am not able to login on my incentive page.

Please use plain text.
Professor
amblors

50quid per year, thats about it, you install an app on your fone that's bin used to track your fone usage.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
stefanoneri68

Why I have to sell my privacy for 50 euro ? 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
mutz2890

I joined the panel, but it isn't clear how the program sends the data it collects. Can I choose when and how connect to the server? or it connects whenever it wants and I have to pay?

Please use plain text.
Professor
amblors

am guessin it connects whenever youre online, i dont know though i am not in the programme.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
chris_barton

It's a really good program. Basically you get vouchers every few months for letting them look at how you use your phone. The upload file is really small and generally goes each day, but you can set the Access Point and prevent it from uploading when you are Roaming. The info they take is simply about how the phone is used, no specific personal info is recorded - they want to know how much you browse the Internet, not what you are browsing, how often you use the calendar, sync you phone etc. This is research to help Nokia understand what areas they need to develop for future models based on the usage of their existing Smartphone users. You get something for pretty much no.input! Result! Of course for those of you who are Conspiracy Theorists....
Please use plain text.
Sumit1109

Can anyone clarify me what is the login ID & password for my point base system ?? because of still i am not able to login.

This is too bad from nokia, i am not getting any response from helpdesk...

Thanks

sumit

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
akjoshi

Q. What type of data is being collected?
A. The application measures general usage of your phone. For example, we collect information on:

* the type, name, use and installation of applications and games
    * the address of the websites you visit
    * the date and duration of the websites you visit
    * the date, time and duration of phone calls, but not details on the phone numbers you call or receive calls from
    * the date and time you send text/picture messages to or receive text/picture messages from
    * the date, time, type and name of Bluetooth devices used with your phone
    * the date and time when USB devices are connected to your phone
    * battery levels, charger states, alarm usage, profile changes
    * information on network traffic, use of WLAN and use of GPS
    * information on failed calls
    * system and hardware events like start-up and shutdown, SIM card change, application crashes and connected, disconnected and types of accessories, like TV-cables.
    * information on what kinds of fields are used in the phonebook
    * the network performance of your phone, including signal quality readings

We do not listen to or record any of your phone calls. We also do not examine, store or record any of the content of text or picture messages you send or receive. In addition, we cannot and do not read any of the contents of your other files or email messages.

More here - https://mobilepanel2.nielsen.com/nenroll/help.jsp#PARTICIPATION

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Can I just say... it's not Nokia you need to be in touch with over this, it's Neilsen. It's not Nokia's fault!

This is a great programme, which I've been on for 11 months now. I've received my vouchers and even got extra for trialling the new Ovi Maps! I've now also been asked to take part in their new project where I get a new Nokia phone to try for 6 months. I can keep it at the end of the 6 months too! Result!!!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
haribo862003

me too,  This will be the second phone i will be given.  Last one was the n8 last year.  They not said what phone the next one will be just that we get it in september.

Great programme, i normally give the voucher to my partner.

http://www.xpango.com?ref=90003028
Please use plain text.
khusams

Has anyone got a second phone from this Nokia nielsen panel....

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
haribo862003

i've had a n8 from this program and a nokia 701

http://www.xpango.com?ref=90003028
Please use plain text.