Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia 113 browser error

Contributor
aliw243

Nokia 113 browser error

[ Edited ]

Since i updated my nokia 113 to software version  03.32 my browser will not open???

Would be grateful if you could help

thanks

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

hi mate,

have you tried uninstalling the browser then re-downloading and installing from http://download.browser.ovi.com ?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Contributor
aliw243

[ Edited ]

Hello

thanks for the reply.

i cant work out how to remove it and  then how i would reinstall it. ive tried from opera but it says phone is not compatible.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Boxer_Dog

Since I upgraded the software I can not load the internet browser,

But I can download items from Nokia store.ovi.mobi.  And pressing "0" i can get to my providers basic site. But if I want google or the internet then the nokia 113 will not allow this.

I been back to two car phone warehouse shops, one said there no browser on this phone the other could not make head or tail and asked me to have a chat with my provider.

In all I am getting now were, whats wrong with my Nokia 113

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Boxer_Dog

Carphone warehouse and my mobile provider have at last come to the final result at long last. There some thing wrong with the phone and updated software. Its been sent away for repair. I keep you updated

Please use plain text.
Contributor
aliw243

Cool,tell me if they fix it?

would it be free?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Boxer_Dog

Received my Nokia back from Car Phone Warehouse it still does not work.  No internet, next thought of mine settings but were are the internet settings

Please use plain text.
Contributor
aliw243

If you go into settings and then go configuration, then go create new ,acsess point. enter the info needed there. mine still won't work though. I thought i was 1 step closer when ovi said i could reinstall the software but then it said i had to use a bloody non existent cable. So iv'e got nowhere

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Boxer_Dog

I have been told that story about re-instanlling the software, but no usb cable.  I had a chat with Greek Squad (car phone warehouse repairs)   They advised me to return the mobile.  They sent the internet settings to the phone but they would not save on the Nokia113 

My First Nokia 113 crashing, Second the above fault, will the third replacement be lucky.  If car phone ware house give a replacement.  I keep you all advised.

Please use plain text.
elCroux

I had this issue and I've found a fix!
Previously in this discussion I was told you could get the latest browser from download.browser.ovi.com...

Thing is, when going to that site with any other downloaded browser (Opera Mini, One Browser etc) I'd be greeted with the following message:

Sorry, your device is not supported.

Please access this page from one of the following Nokia devices

...and then a lst of Nokia phones.

Seems these browsers I was using were so generic they were disguising the ID of the phone from the download site. But I found a browser that doesn't have this problem!

It's listed as Ovi browser here:
http://enjoyweb.wapka.mobi/site_browsers.xhtml

I think it's the chinese (but still official) version of the browser, anyway:

• Download the Ovi+browser.jar file.
  • Transfer it to a folder in your phone that you can access through the Gallery app on your phone (I did this via Bluetooth on my Mac, putting in in the recieved files folder)
  • Open the browser and visit download.browser.ovi.com

BOOM! Your phone is correctly identified and the normal install/update process will begin and you browser will be reinstalled in the same home screen location, as intended. Allowing you to delete your other weird browser in received files.

Good luck.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Boxer_Dog

I returned my nokia 113 to car phone warehouse and after lots of communication (e-mail, phone, visiting store) I received a replacement.   BUT I totally agree when you upgrade the brower will not work

Please use plain text.