Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia Asha 210 Whatsapp Issue

GanZnMetaL

Hi,

I purchased a Nokia Asha 210 dual sim in India about 2 weeks ago. The Indian version does NOT come with a dedicated Whatsapp key which is completely fine with me. It comes with a dedicated Facebook key.

Some people have complained here that Whatsapp isnt installing for them.

However for me, inspite of having the installation file for Whatsapp, it came pre-installed out of the box for my handset.

Whatsapp is working fine for me at the moment, except few bugs that I thought should be posted here for some relevant people who could look at this and take the right steps to correct it during firmware upgrades.

And if anyone is going through the exact same issue I am facing, then your voting would help make this issue well noted by the people concerned.

Note: This is an exclusive WHATSAPP issue that is running on a Nokia Asha 210 per my experience!

1.  The first issue is using emoji/emoticons/smileys and text never coming together when you type it manually. The option of adding emoticons to the text just disappears when I start typing. And the other way around, when I start inserting emoticons, the blinking cursor just doesnt appear and I am unable to type text. So I can send them seperately, but never together. On the other hand when I copy paste a message from one whatsapp user to another or forward the message to another whatsapp user, in both instances the emoticons already typed in the message get sent.
  2. The notification tone for Whatsapp never works. My phone only vibrates during a whatsapp notification. I tried the default tone and custom tones. But no luck. Otherwise for regular text messages or SMS's the tone works fine.
  3. During long messages received from other whatsapp users that is more than one page, the text is getting cut either near the top or bottom boundaries of the message box. Might be a bit difficult to explain without a screenshot, but unfortunately I am unable to find an app to take screenshots with for Nokia Asha 210.
  4. When I am pasting a message to be sent to a whatsapp user, the message gets sent automatically without me hitting the send button, the moment I paste it. Now I understand that usually the return function maybe added at the end of the message which is why the text would have gotten auto sent, but I tried that without ending the message with a return function/enter key using notes from where I copy pasted this message to whatsapp and voila the message is still getting sent automatically the moment I paste it.

So these are the whatsapp problems I am facing at the moment with my Nokia Asha 210.

The Whatsapp team doesnt have a solution for this as they have confirmed that Nokia is primarily taking care of this by embedding this app into the OS so that a user cannot delete this app by default and that till we get a firmware update, this issue cannot be resolved.

Personally I think that such apps should NOT be embedded with the OS as are preloaded games that have been embedded which is a problem for genuine nokia buyers.

Thankfully I was able to go ahead and remove the preloaded games from the 4GB MicroSD card by accessing the card in LInux and Mac instead of Windows.

But that apart not being a major problem, the key Whatsapp issues are definitely a problem.

So if you have the same issues, please go ahead and second this post so that someone from Nokia can take notice of more users facing similar issues and resolve the problem in the next firmware upgrade, which I hope comes soon enuf.

Regards,

GanZ

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
dk17

Re: Nokia Asha 210 Whatsapp Issue

I face the same issues, i think this model has been relesed without much testing done at app level. Also the dedicated FB key on my phone dosent work. 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
saandy

[ Edited ]

i too face same problem with whatsapp. and another problem is that i cant find smileys while updating status in whatsapp

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Saghir

[ Edited ]

I m saghir from pakistan working in UAE  i sent Nokia 210 to pakistan same problem cam here they cannot use whatsapp. Kindly if any body have solution for this matter inform me too on my mail.

Moderator's note: E-mail address was removed. It is unwise to publish personal contact information on a public forum.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
athist

i also face the same problem here
Please use plain text.
Sage
cutej007

yes the text get cut but while reading jokes.well if you want to read it when the screen ends just press down only one time.for notification sound go to application settings and make sure application tones are to on. If this dosent work update your whatsapp. And you purchased it 2 weeks ago make sure that you download music from nokia music app its free for that device for 2 months.and it is also having a movie app better check it out.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
imlame

I'm facing the same problems on my Asha 206 (SIngle Sim). Especially issue no. 1 (only text or emoji) is disstressing.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Aneto

[ Edited ]

I am using asha 210, my problem is that i cant download whatsapp it always fail to download pleas help guya, i have data bundles

Moderator's note: We have edited the subject as the post was moved to the appropriate board.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
whiteColor

I am facing same issue with my nokia asha 210,

In start 1 1/2 month it was good but as time passed gradually Problems arise 1st whatsapp didnot upload graphics then other whatsapp problems, then Network problem then facebook problems appeared, And now my phone is only for text messages and voice calls.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
baghail

hi, this is baghail. may anyone help me out please. i need whatsapp on my nokia 501. when i go the site it isn't availaible. a variant named watsapp is there for 20 bugs. but it doesnt seems legimate. i have read the reviews of asha os. it seems to be a mix up for a fine flavor. but how could an important ingredient whatsapp could be missed up? may anyone from nokia help all the asha 501 users by posting an update bundling whatsapp.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

baghail, there you go …

If you subscribe to that thread, you are notified by email when the situation changes.

Please use plain text.
Danishali11

I was facing the first two problems i.e. Smiley or emoji disappears and no tone only vibration in my nokia asha 210..
My second problem of tone was resolved as i did these steps...
Go to: options>>settings>> notifications>>personal messages..from there...by default it was selected as no tone..change it to custom tone....make sure to choose the custom tone from your phone tones...which is located just below the custom option....
Then onwards your phone will ring also....I HOPE IT WORKS FOR YOU...
the emoji problem is still in my phone.....and i have updated my whatsapp version...but it didn't worked....i think its because qwerty keypad...whatsapp is specially developed for touchscreen phones...my freinds are using it in touch screen it is working perfectly....
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
tnox

this nokia ashas sucks they does have the same problem, i trusted dis brand from long ago now they are disappointing a lot, i better purchase a blackberry and get rid of dis thing
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
fibre_spinner

I think GanZnMetaL is right. After using whatsapp for about a month I found that my phone slowd down. At time, when I wanted to make a call, whatsapp being connected to the internet prevented me from doing so. So I removed whatsapp. Still the problems persisted. So I did a factory reset, and thankfully the phone is working well noe.

GanZ can one remove whatsapp and other irrelevent games that are stored in the phone as well as the micro SD card? Nokia because of its ploy to earn revenue from advertisers like gamloft, have pushed a lot of garbage in the phone. Anybody from Nokia Admin - are you listining? I am waiting for a firmwire update from v 04.12 to see the garbage removed from my phone.

Thanking You

Fibre Spinner

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

[ Edited ]

fibre_spinner wrote:

Can one remove whatsapp and other irrelevent games that are stored in the phone as well as the micro SD card?

Yes, you can do this with a computer and MobiMB (you have to add your RM-xxx to its Nokia.ini). Done myself. There, you go …

Please use plain text.
kolhevinaykumar

whatsapp doesnt work on Nokia Asha 210 when second sim is inserted in it. During such conditions the notifications are delivered only when the owner peeps into Whatsapp time to time. Else, via Single sim mode, the whatsapp pings are flashed on the screen soon after sent from the rear end. So cheap ha... I got caught in these sweet adds of Asha 210 and now frustrated.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
RoyDropper

Hello Abi. I bought a Nokia Asha 210 in October 2013, used a new English Sim that came with the phone, moved to Spain (where the phone worked perfectly before Christmas with the same sim) and now since the start of January my phone tells me this copy of Whatsapp has expired and requires an upgrade. I click the upgrade button, the phone tries to connect to whatsapp.com, it says 'Loading' and then after a minute or so the phone beeps and a notice saying 'Link not available. Try again later' appears and I can't do anything. Every time. Any thoughts?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

Please use plain text.
Nelowinskie

Hy i'm from South Africa and i also got a Whatsapp problem on my asha 210 which has a facebook key....my problem is that when i share a file "Via Whatsapp"does not show anymore please help
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
nabeelgm

i can help u in smiley text first tap smily select.smiley u want then.. open onther frnd chat then cme back to d old chat and start typing u can see smily and text was this.helpful
Please use plain text.