Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia Battery Monitor

Sage
steceso

Nokia Battery Monitor

Very nice app, I like it very much and installed on both my 5800 and X6.

I have just two things to signal.

1) On both the phones (and I think on all Symbian 5th) when I select a tab or the option menu, there is a purple square around it, instead of just the tab or the option box selected.

2) Is it possible to make the question "Do you allow the phone to access to user data" answered just once and not always?

One last thing: to make the stats, is it necessary to have the app running in background? Because when I closed it (I have no widget home, so can't run as widget) and re-opened, the stats where gone and restarted as if I opened it for the first time.

Overall is a very nice and useful app. Thanks!

Please use plain text.
lafayette84

I also installed it on my 5800. Anyway, all of a sudden I got two icons for the same tool (battery monitor itself), and there's no way of getting rid of them.

Even uninstalling battery monitor and NBM service leaves me with an orphan icon under Applications...

any idea?

Please use plain text.
Professor
Roshanrims

sounds abnormal. Try this he you haun't already:i suppose you uninstalled from app manager. Instead, go to the menu and open the folder with icon. Click on options >organise >press the icon >options >delete.
And reboot your phone.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

[ Edited ]

Have a look..

/t5/Pool-of-Knowledge/How-to-Remove-quot-stuck-quot-Apps/td-p/692348

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​--If you find this helpful, pl. hit the White Star in Green Box...

Please use plain text.
Sage
steceso

After more than one week of use, this is what I found.

If someone can pass this to the developer team would be great (I've sent them an e-mail, but no one replied). Maybe if many of us send this to the feedback mail reported on the app they would do something about it. This is a very nice app, but needs some work to become a good one.

1) As I said, there are purple squares every time a tab is tapped, both the top ones (Stats, etc) and the Option/Exit. Please remove them.

2) The stats are all messed up. I don't complain about the battery expectation, which can be far from real because of different phone uses, but the stats about what have been done are a mathematical fact: how much time I spend on messaging, how much on calling etc is not a forecast, but actually they are unreliable, and the overall stat isn't the average of the week stats, just a random thing, changing at every reboot.

3) One person I know, who has Symbian^3, said his phone asks for Internet connection if he use it as a widget, though it doesn't need any connection, and also that the widget doesn't refresh if he doesn't launch the app itself.

4) With the X6, the app causes some trouble during boot, making the date incorrect problem even worse and sometimes making the Nokia Tune and Nokia hands on the boot not coming at all. I uninstalled it to check and actually there are no problems without this app.

5) When switching between landscape and portrait,the app says "Analyzing" again, just to show the info that there were in the previous mode.

6) The initial question about accessing the user's data becomes very annoying. Please do something to avoid it after the first time, like a tickbox or a "Yes, always" answer.

It seems as if they put this app on Ovi Store without a proper testing (a period on Beta Labs would have made miracles), or with the idea that they can develop a proper release only after the launch.

Well, I hope so, because with some tuning it can become a very good and useful app, and I ask again: how can we know if a new release hits the Store?

Please use plain text.
Professor
Roshanrims

yup. Horrible performance and highly unreliable here too.
Please use plain text.
Sage
steceso

The mail to contact them is in the last tab of the app and should be batterymonitor@nokia.com

If you didn't have such a good experience with this app, please join me in contacting them: the more we are, the better possibility we have to see an upgrade!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Mitochondria

I am using Nokia 5233 . I have installed this Application. Earlier i am using Nokia Energy Profiler. But after installing Nokia Battery Monitor. Some modules of Energy Profiler not working properly. An Error Message Flashes while using Energy Profiler "All Measurements are not possible. Channel is reserve by Another Application". This occurs when i press start in Energy Profiler Application. Due to this i can't measure Signal Strength of my Operator.

Now i have Uninstalled Battery Monitor & this Energy Profiler Application then switched off phone.Then reinstalled Energy Profiler Application.But problem remains the same.. Can any one suggest solution???

Please use plain text.
Professor
Roshanrims

You didnt read the installation instructions properly it seems. The two applications cannot be installed and used in the same device. Uninstall one of them and it'll function properly. Read the details in nokia beta labs.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Mitochondria

But Problem remains the same after uninstalling Nokia Battery Monitor!

Please use plain text.
Professor
Roshanrims

you could try this:
Uninstall both the apps.
Switch off the device and wait for 5-10 mins
Switch on and try installing again.
All the best!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Mitochondria

I have done the same thing as i have mentione in my first post.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

It seems some registry / log is not getting un-installed along with the application and creating the conflict..

A soft reset  (*#7370# followed by 12345 default security code if you have not set your own) may resolve it.. Pl. take a back-up of your data before this as reset will erase data from the phone memory...

MAY be possible if you can use the browser and locate files associated with these applications to delete manually but only if you know what you are doing...Deleting system file by mistake may lead to bigger problem..so take care and be doubley sure..

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​--If you find this helpful, pl. hit the White Star in Green Box...

Please use plain text.
Sage
steceso

Version 1.1 is now on the Store!

Could someone who tried it tell me if the things posted above have been solved?

At least these points:

- have the purple squares been removed?

- are the stats more reliable and not erased every now and then?

- is it possible to answer the data access question just once and not always?

- does this version consume less battery power than previous one?

Thanks to everyone who would answer to these questions! :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Observations on my Nokia 5800xm

1. Purple square problem was never faced even with v1

2. Reliability of stats is very difficult to judge.. Just 2 days since the v1.1 is installed..

3. Data Access Q is still asked every time..

4. Battery consumption is almost the same as with v1.. with my very limited use the battery normally lasts 3 days.. and this time (after v1.1) also it seems to be doing that..

While charging it was showing 'Charging' with v1 now it shows the remaining time to full charge..

Please use plain text.
Sage
steceso

Thanks for the info, maybe I'll give it a try and then post my observations as well.

I hope I will not have to reset my phone again as I did with my X6...

Please use plain text.
Professor
Roshanrims

I successfully uninstalled the monitor without any difficulty, so don't worry.

Personally speaking i didn't find the app much of use. The usage pattern was mostly showing other, so it didn't give me any clue as other can be so many things.
Secondly the battery indicator status indicator also seemed to be highly unreliable as it always underestimated my device. Eg.when it indicated 10mins left for full charge, it actually took around 20-25 mins. The decrement in charge was also highly unreliable. It took very short time to fall to 50%, and further 50%took longer time. I wondered if it is following some kind of reversal of zero order kinetics that we study in drugs metabolism !
So its upto you guys...
Please use plain text.
Sage
steceso

Farby, I found a picture of the purple squares appearing in the app: here. The square is around the stats tab.

If you have never seen it, I think you are lucky, because this image is not taken on my phone but someone else's.

It's sad that the initial question still has to be answered every time, but I hope in another update. Surely I'll write again to submit new feedback after trying this version.

Roshanrims, did you try the last version or the previous one?

I know it can be uninstalled, I performed the reset because of the date bug which, luckily, is not included in C6-01.

I also noticed that the battery indicator was unreliable, sometimes showing me more usage for music playing than normal use.

What I cannot understand is how it could be possible that the stats were all wrong, because stats are mathematical, they should just show how much time I spent on every task, but they seemed to be random and not related to actual use of the phone.

Please use plain text.
Professor
Roshanrims

I used both the versions. I'm not sure whether there was any problem with uninstallation of previous version(coz my phone had become buggy, thought it was due to phone related issue so i reset my device;but i unfortunately found the bug existing after reset and i found out that my sim was the culprit, so changed it and no issues thereafter.) In the mean time new version of monitor was available, so i gave it a try. Somewhere i read that monitor needs time to adjust to usage pattern, so initially the faulty data didn't mean much to me. But even after waiting/using it for preety good time, results were still unreliable, so i dumped it.
Please use plain text.
Sage
steceso

I just installed it, and noticed that the purple squares were removed. :smileyhappy:

Obviously, I need more time to see if it has become more reliable at least about the stats or it needs another update.

Please use plain text.