Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia C3 + Skype

Contributor
silicon

Nokia C3 + Skype

Hello, Can I install Skype on Nokia C3 ? Can i make Skype call threw WiFi or EDGE ?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
hadimassa

Re: Nokia C3 + Skype

Look for Skype on OVI store or point your browser to http://skype.com/m  WLAN shouldn't be a problem. Gprs (2g) is to slow.

‡Thank you for hitting the Blue/Green Star button‡

N8-00 RM 596 V:111.030.0609; E71-1(05) RM 346 V: 500.21.009
Please use plain text.
Contributor
silicon

I have checked all websites and Nokia's OVI store website too.. actually there is nothing mentioned regarding C3 because C3 is not launched in every country.. All I want to know is that .. Can We run Skype on Nokia C3 ? is it possible? Experts can check the Operating System version and Hardware configuration of Nokia C3 and may give me some suggestions regarding weather Nokia C3 is able to run Skype or Not ?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
hadimassa

Your C3 runs S40 6th Ed. You can't run sis (S60) installers like Skype. However you can use Java (jar) applications. Check for Java apps at the getjar link below and set your device as 6350 whitch runs the same OS.

http://www.getjar.com/

http://www.forum.nokia.com/devices/C3-00/

‡Thank you for hitting the Blue/Green Star button‡

N8-00 RM 596 V:111.030.0609; E71-1(05) RM 346 V: 500.21.009
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
C3userCambodia

Hi! I am a C3 user and tried to download the skype application following your instructions. Unfortunately, skype cannot be downloaded also on Nokia 6350. Any other solutions?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
farazkhansi3

you can run skype in Jar format file on C3 i'm using it .........

Skype in jar format

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
waleedshoukat

hi bro is it free to make call with this skype as we make from pc to pc or we have to by credit

Please use plain text.
Contributor
farazkhansi3

jar format had a problem we can't unbale to make a call ..................................uselesss to use it???????

when will NOKIA C3 skype version available????????? tellll meeeeeeeeeee?????????

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
pet_sk

Since this semms to be new phone, how come that Skype is not supported for Nokia C3 ? While it has other compeeting clients available... Why not Skype ? 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
LastClick

I have Nokia C3, bought it last week. Now I'm installing apps. And this one is working great for chat messages, and that is only why I'm using this app.
I tried this one
http://www.getjar.com/mobile/10816/implus-talk-for-nokia-c3/?s=reviews&t=all
But is a bit buggy and freezing a bit.. so I warmly recommend this one
SKYPE for NOKIA C3:
http://www.appsnmore.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=53&func=showdown&id=14
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
pet_sk

[ Edited ]

This is result in OVI Store

IM+ Talk

Sorry, this item is not available for the Nokia C3-00.
Browse more great content in the "Related" section below.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
sajidharoon

hey dear faraz khan i have tried your given link it doesnt work on my c3 i dont know why can some body tell me if skype works with c3 or not 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
gazela73

I downloaded the file and transferred it to my Nokia C3 phone via usb. It's working perfectly! Thanks Faraz. No need now for C3 users to download IM Talk+ as a substitute for Skype

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ayakw

What file and from which site did you get it to make skype work in NOKIA C3?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Me_Isha

C3 doesnt suport skype.It is s40,skyp suports in s60,n the jar app only makes u2chat,bt not call..If u wantd skyp u cud hav gone 4 e5.It suports it.Even e63 suports it ,not c3.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Me_Isha

From pc to pc skyp is free.Frm pc 2 mob,u ned 2buy credit..N it wrks 4rm mob 2 mob,if both mob users hav skyp in their mob n r connectd 2 a net pack or wifi.Its free
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
giltano

There is a conspiracy between Nokia and Skype, which puzeram one foot on the development of Skype for the Nokia C3. The losers be damned.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

how can i install skype on c3 i m the user of c3 

sum body wrote skype in jar is not in jar it is in ext format

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
elahimanzoor007

Hello sir i use nokia c3 mobile phone. Can i use the skype on my mobile set?
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
bangash579

Nokia C3 + Skype

i have nokia C3 mobile...how i install skype or any other like yahoo to make it for vocie chat.i am in uae.pls brother let me know.

thanks

regards

noor

gazela73 wrote:

I downloaded the file and transferred it to my Nokia C3 phone via usb. It's working perfectly! Thanks Faraz. No need now for C3 users to download IM Talk+ as a substitute for Skype

Please use plain text.