Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Re: Nokia E5 calculator vs. keyboard problem - dec...

Contributor
bobco

Nokia E5 calculator vs. keyboard problem - decimal/floating point

Hello, I've just bought Nokia E5 with Slovak QWERTZ keyboard. I'm using English as default language in phone, because I don't like Slovak translation on Symbian S60. The problem is, that I can't write in default phone calculator decimal/floating point in case I'm using English language and "Writing language" set to English. I was able to write floating point only with these settings:

"Language" => "Slovak", "Writing language" => "Slovak"

"Language" => "Czech", "Writing language" => "Czech"

It's because Slovak and Czech people has floating point made by comma, not dot. I really would like to use English language on my phone, so is there any possible solution for this?

Thanks in advance. 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
thetao

Re: Nokia E5 calculator vs. keyboard problem - decimal/floating point

I don't think I can help, but may I clarify the problem?  You are saying that with both the writing language and phone language configured to English, the calculator still accepts only a comma for floating point numbers, and not a dot?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
bobco

That's right. You know the problem is maybe, that on Slovak keyboard is on a "key" the "divide operator" and "floating dot" mixed together. So when I press "dot" to write floating point, it's using divide operation and I just can't force the keyboard to write the "dot" instead to use divide operator. 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
thetao

[ Edited ]

I think you are right, but wonder if Function key-/ would force a dot?  Otherwise your only solution may be to try other calculator apps.

Please use plain text.
KarelOberholzer

My nokia E5 Keyboard shows wrong characters if you try to insert a fullstop; it shows a colon; and I have to go to symbol insert to type a fullstop ?
Please use plain text.