Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia E51 install base package dictionary

Contributor
acole4

Nokia E51 install base package dictionary

Hi all,

I downloaded a dictionary package (Nokia_Mobile_Dictionary_nl.SIS) on my nokia E51.
When trying to install it I get an error message on the mobite: "Unable to Install. Install base package first."

I believe I have latest updated Software. Just FYI, my phone version displayed after typing *#0000# is:
26-05-2009
RM-244
NokiaE51(02)

Where can I find the "base package"?

how can i fix this problem?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Professor
mgoksoy

Re: Nokia E51 install base package dictionary

Following is the manual of the application taken from

http://www.symbian4u.co.cc/2009/06/nokia-mobile-dictionary-plus-language-pack/

Nokia Mobile Dictionary plus Language  Pack

Description:
Mobile dictionary is a dictionary application for translating words from one language to another. In addition to pre-installed language(s) you may download additional dictionary languages from this page. The dictionary application allows you to have English and two user-defined languages on your device at the same time. You may freely change the two languages according to your needs. The dictionary application asks you to remove some languages if the total number of three languages is exceed.

Installation:
Download a dictionary language by clicking a corresponding SIS-file. If you are using your mobile phone for downloading, the browser will automatically start to install SIS-packages after the download is completed. You may also download dictionary languages to your PC and then transfer them to your phone or install them using PC Suite.

Removing languages:
Installed languages may be removed using Application manager on your mobile phone or by selecting Languages – Remove language from the Options menu of the dictionary application.

mgoksoy
Please use plain text.
Contributor
acole4

[ Edited ]

Hi there,

Doesn't work :-(

I have downloaded the file and extracted it and then tried to install the MobileDictionary.SIS onto my Nokia E51.

Yet, I get (another) error message: "Certificate error. Contact the application supplier."

How can I solve it?

Thanks

Message Edited by acole4 on 17-Sep-2009 10:57 AM
Please use plain text.
Professor
mgoksoy

I assume that you have already installed the base/language files.

Before installing the application file, set your phone to accept all files regardless of certificate security.

That should be it.

mgoksoy
Please use plain text.
Contributor
acole4

Doesn't work :-( sorry...

I went to "App. Mgr.", pressed "Options", pressed "Settings", and then "Software installation" set to "All", and "Online certif. check" set to "Off".

It still gives the same message: "certificate error. Contact the application supplier."

Can you please help?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Professor
mgoksoy

No problem, we'll try to sort it out, That's what we're here for.

It's very surprising that the phone gives a certificate error, because this is a genuine Nokia application.

Try rebooting the phone, now that you have changed the certificate settings. Then download a fresh copy of the application and try to install it. If that doesn't solve the issue, I'll ask you to reset your phone, but not yet. Please post the result.

mgoksoy
Please use plain text.
Contributor
acole4

Still no good result.

I rebooted the phone, and downloaded & installed (via the Nokia PC Suite) the MobileDictionary.SIS file.

I get same message again: "Certificate error. Contact the application supplier." :-(

Please use plain text.
Professor
mgoksoy

In that case I would recommend that you reset your phone to clean up the memory.

Please go in the following order. If one doesn't help, try the next. However, before that make a backup of your phone to the memory card, or to the PC using PC Suite.

*#7780# - Restore factory settings - resets all the settings to the default ( you will not lose any data)

*#7370# - Reformat your phone.

If the first two don't help, proceed with hard formatting , turn off your phone, hold the following buttons while pressing the power button. (the default code is 12345) hard reset - hold the following buttons *, 3 (number button) and talk/green key. turn on the phone and do not release those buttons until you see the Nokia boot up screen. once you feel the phone power up you can let go off the power button while still holding all three buttons.

Hope this helps.

mgoksoy
Please use plain text.
Contributor
acole4

Nope, doesn't work.

I have performed all 3 possible resets: factory (*#7780#), format (*#7370#), hard format (power + * + 3 + talk_key)

After each reset I tried to install the MobileDictionary.SIS file via Nokia PC Suite.

Moreover, after each reset I ALSO tried installing after changing the certificate Settings "to Software installation->All" and restarting the Device.

Nothing worked!

I still get same message again: "Certificate error. Contact the application supplier." :-(

I start believing the MobileDictionary.SIS I try to install to my device is maybe not the right one...

please help.

Thanks

Please use plain text.

[ Edited ]

Application is unsigned, that's the reason for that error message.

Try to google on how to sign a Symbian application and get it signed. After that, then try to install it again and you shouldn't get that error anymore.

Please use plain text.
randolphcarter

[ Edited ]

Thats right - I was stuck looking for the Nokia Mobile Dicitionary on my E51 too.

Then I found a Nokia Mobile Dictionary base package at http://symbian4u.co.cc/nokia-mobile-dictionary-plus-language-pack.html and had the same problems. But after signing , installation was fine. The application runs stable without any problem on my E51.

Now I am looking for a german application base package.

Any ideas where to look? At least in german 5800 and other phoness there is "Wörterbuch" installed, so a localized version exists.

regards,

Randolph

Please use plain text.
Contributor
acole4

Thanks Randolph.

How do you actually sign the application?

if I try to sign with https://www.symbiansigned.com/app/page I get the following message after uploading the SignSIS_354193025322020.csr file:

Open Signed Offline/Developer Certificates are only available to users with a Publisher ID.
Developer Certificate requests are currently only available to users who have a Publisher Id

How did you overcome the above restriction and sign the MobileDictionary.SIS ?

Please use plain text.
Advisor

[ Edited ]

Dude jst sign it using cer.opda.cn/en

al d bst nd d link provided is nt wrkng fr me plz hlp

my id is sdey.dey@gmail.com

nd when i installed d app provided in d second link it tells application acess not granted

using n79 updated

Please use plain text.
Advisor

[ Edited ]

Dude my n79 shows a message "Application Acess not granted" can u plz hlp

MODERATOR'S NOTE:  We would like to inform you that we have edited your post and removed your personal details(email address) as it is unwise to publish personal details on forums like this.

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Please help my bro have deleted my fones dictionary nd i need it...

thank you nd the above mentioned software is telling access not granted so can you give a new link..?? please

thank you

Please use plain text.
mktahir80

: Nokia E51

[ Edited ]

When i receive message from facebook,

my nokia E51 says unable to open format not supported..

what do i do??

i m full reset a phone

Ver 410.34.001

22-02.2010

RM-244

NOKIA E51 (10)

THANKS

MKTAHIR

MODERATORS NOTE: E-mail address has been removed. Sharing of personal information is not allowed on the forums. Please do not share sensitive or personal information as it could threaten your personal security.

Please use plain text.