Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia Internet Radio Error: Connection Timed Out. ...

Nokia Internet Radio Error: Connection Timed Out. Try Again

Hi,
I'm having an issue with the Nokia Internet Radio application on the Nokia N95. The app launches ok but if I try and browse the station directory or perform a search I get the error 'Connection Timed Out. Try Again' This happens almost instantly i.e. it doesn't look like it's even trying to connect. If I go to the shoutcast site and click on the 'Tune In' button next to a station the Internet radio app launches and I get an error saying 'General: System Error' and the application closes then goes back to the browser and a message saying 'Web: No Gateway Reply' The application worked fine up until recently. I upgraded to FW V 21.0.016 and hasn't worked since so it may be that this has caused the problem. I've removed and re-downloaded \ re-installed the software but still get the same issue. Web browsing works fine, so I know my internet settings are fine, and the old open-source version of the radio player even works so it's just an issue with this app. Any advice on how to fix it would be much appreciated. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
venetianspy

Re: Nokia Internet Radio Error: Connection Timed Out. Try Again

I'm having the exact same problem on my Nokia N73, and I don't understand why. I'm using Edge/GSM for internet, not 3G, but it's still supposed to work! When I want to browse the stations, it says "connection time out". Please reply as soon as you can. Thanks in advance
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

I had the same problem and I fixed it.  For me, it was because I am on the Rogers network in Canada.  Regardless of where you are many cellular neworks use firewalls and something called NAT (Network Address Translation).  Nokia should really make people aware of this because probably 50% of people around the world have this problem.  The solution for me was to use Rogers VPN or Public IP to access the internet.  Rogers blocks access to this internet connection so you have to add the service to your account for $10 per month but I have heard that other carriers like FIDO have not blocked access to it.

On the Nokia n79 this requires creating a new access point under TOOLS>SETTINGS>CONNECTIONS>DESTINATIONS.  Add a new access point with the following settings:

Connection Name: Rogers VPN (or whatever you want to call it)

Data Bearer: Packet Data

Access Point Name: vpn.com

User Name: wapuser1

Prompt Password: No

Password: wapuser

Authenticaiton: Normal

Homepage: None

Use Access Point: After Confirmation (or change if you want something else)

That's it. When you load the internet radio Application and it lists your options select "Rogers VPN".  If you don't see it in the list, press the soft button for Options then "Select Access Point" and you will see the full list.  If you want the VPN to be the first thing you see you can change the priority under destination settings.  Just select the VPN and press "Organize" then "Change priority". 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

I'm having an issue with the Nokia Internet Radio application on the Nokia N73 The app launches ok but if I try  to internet radio open  'Connection Timed Out. Try Again' This happens almost instantly i.e. it doesn't look like it's even trying to connect. please reply to nokia Internet Radio connection setting my operator is  aircel
Please use plain text.