Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia Internet Radio not displaying song and a...

Contributor
draj20

Nokia Internet Radio not displaying song and artist name while playing through Nokia 701.

hi there,
I am facing a problem in new Nokia 701 device. When I plays any radio station through Nokia Internet Radio, It doesn't shows 'song and artist names'. I have been used latest and older version of internet radios but function still not working. What should I have to do?
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Carltabi

Re: Nokia Internet Radio not displaying song and artist name while playing through Nokia 701.

Hey draj20

Welcome to the community!

It  is true to say that the majority of internet radio applications do not support the features listed above.

The internet radio app is not included with the firmware. Some of these functions may only be available at the developer's discretion.

You could contact the developers directly regarding this functions.

I hope to have answered your question.

Carl

If this post answers your question, you can help others by clicking the green accepted solution' button.

Please ask your questions to the main board and not to my mailbox. Thank you.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
macsucks

Re: Nokia Internet Radio not displaying song and artist name while playing through Nokia 701.

I use Nokia N8. After Belle update song and artist info are not displayed,

with symbian Anna they did.....**bleep**!!:smileymad:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
draj20

Hi Carl,

the developers of internet radio application viz. yu.10.wang@nokia.com gives no any feedback when try to contact them. I've been send so many emails in several times. Afterall the problem is only related to "Nokia Belle OS" so nokia should also look in to the matter. Otherwise Nokia are loosing there performance to give a better service.

I hope nokia will look in to problem.

Raj
Please use plain text.
Advisor
NightFire7997

same problem here friends radio worked perfectly fine displaying artist as well as song name in anna until I upgraded to belle . I Am using Nokia 500.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
NightFire7997

Hey guys just check out whether it enlists the songs in the recent songs??:

Please use plain text.
Advisor
macsucks

It does not...
Please use plain text.
Advisor
NightFire7997

It looks like a bug in belle to me as this feature worked perfectly on my Nokia 500 when it was running on anna and has now stopped displayin artist name ,song name and enlisting songs in recent songs in belle and as nokia 701 came with belle as default factory os it does not display the same
Lets hope nokia provides an update in belle to fix this up
Thnx for replying macsucks 

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
lbanias

I also miss that feature, and I just can't understand why there is a link to Nokia/Ovi Music Store since there is no info about the artist/song played ! And the website link to radio station is empty ! I just go back to my old Nokia 6710 Navigator that runs Internet Radio 1.16 showing song info and songs archive. I discovered a lot of nice tracks due to this feature, but with N8 that's not possible anymore. Not to talk about version 3.04 that does not broadcast Internet Radio on FM transmitter... I just downgraded to 3.02 to solve this.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
fossilsol

Are we the only people in the world that are missing song title, artist and album since Belle update? If it is just us then maybe we can fix it. If it is everyone then I will have to get an IPone as Nokia Internet Radio is the only reason I use Nokia phones and they make it pointless if you can not find out what music you what to listen to or buy.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
romatou18

I miss that feature too it's a shame I'm sitcking with Nokia and not apple or google because of their whole lot of free software like the gps or the internet radio but seriously it breaks my balls to see important bugs both in the catastrophic symbian s60 v5 on my 5800 xpress music and now on my N8.

For god sake Nokia do something ! show us you care for your customers !!!! 

Please use plain text.
Advisor
romatou18

Hey the Nokia support replied to me and said to comment on Nokia Internet Radio because the comments go directly to the Internet Radio developer so go on the Nokia Ovi store and post some hungry comments and they might end up pushing it up on their priority list.

Im  a software developer myself I can tell when undre pressure we just treat the stuffs first that customers make lots of noise about by fear or loosing them. Work in a big electronics design software company who's go Nokia as a customer ! 

Please use plain text.
Advisor
fossilsol

Nokia support lied to you, it's not the Internet Radio it's the Belle bug that's causing the problem and they are to lazy to fix it. This app works perfectly with Anna. Either fix this Nokia or give us a way to go back to Anna.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
timkamat

Yes, this can be fixed only by developers by upgrading the app to work with belle. There are a lot of apps that work with bugs in belle. Developers are expected to update their apps.
In Love With My C6-01:Now running on Nokia Belle!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
draj20

Hi all,

Could you tell me what about the progress in this regards. Is this problem have been solved in after "Belle FP1" update on not? 

Or still we have to tentalise?

hope for the best otherwise change the phone will be better...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Daniel_Gonzalez

Hola a TODOS .. Por lo que veo a mi me sucede lo mismo como a ustedes. Actualize a NOKIA BELL y perdi la opcion de que me muestre los titulos e interpretes :smileysad:   - opcion muy util a la hora de escuchar algun tema y que te guste para luego buscar .... desinstale e intale la vercion anterior pero aun asi no se repara ... o da problemas de funcionalidad ... :smileysad:  

Please use plain text.