Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia Map update to version 3.09 issue

Sage
bkly11

Nokia Map update to version 3.09 issue

Yesterday just updated Nokia Map to version 3.09, but this software update occupied extra memory space till 19Mb in disk C. It slows down my N8 because decrease disk C from 73.8Mb to 54.8Mb after this single software update.

N8 was recommended by Nokia staff to have at least free 30% of disk C, i.e. 70Mb+.

It looks unreasonale that one app update can take extra 19Mb in main memory.

Anyone having this issue?

If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation by clicking the Kudos star at the left. If it provides you the solution, please click on the GREEN Accept as Solution button at below
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
ajaydavidson

It is not an issue the maps are installed in the C: memory or phone memory so the space is taken. Again the device speed depends upon the ram. If you open too many apps the performance may slow down. You may remove the contents that you have kept in your phone memory like audio or video or installed any apps to free the memory.
Nokia C7
Please use plain text.
Sage
bkly11

It's an issue since it become unreasonable slow even when typing, each letter appear after 5 seconds typed.

There are no image/video in my N8 disk C. And i already clear/move whatever I can via Nokia Suite. Please dont suggest a phone reset.

Is there any way to solve this?

If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation by clicking the Kudos star at the left. If it provides you the solution, please click on the GREEN Accept as Solution button at below
Please use plain text.
Advisor

i have this issue too. Since maps update I have too little free memory for the phone to run correctly. Apps crash and lock. I have very little installed on the C drive as I have the other drive set as default in Nokia store. I also suspect the battery is not holding charge as long, perhaps due to struggling to process with so little free memory. I have removed all the elements of the new maps update that I can but this is still an issue. I would happily roll back to a much earlier version of Maps, without weather or public transport but with the feature of saving routes and planning routes between 2 places rather than just from your present location. Please resolve this issue!
Please use plain text.